$2.20 rush rebuy 40k guar-Std call?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Full Tilt Poker Game #29499844080: $40,000 Rush Guar (Rebuy) (229171084), Table 676 – 80/160 – No Limit Hold’em – 08:35:19 ET – 2011/03/31
      Seat 1: Phevos (6,385)
      Seat 2: NoWinnerNevLose (5,902)
      Seat 3: Derudaf (14,710)
      Seat 4: 112brutus (5,965)
      Seat 5: AGF4EVER (25,832)
      Seat 6: Popov41185 (1,190)
      Seat 7: Big Boned Boy (4,320)
      Seat 8: drunkonfudd (9,081)
      Seat 9: DiNgDoNgDiNgDoN (17,660)
      NoWinnerNevLose posts the small blind of 80
      Derudaf posts the big blind of 160
      The button is in seat #1
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to DiNgDoNgDiNgDoN [Jh Jc]
      112brutus folds
      AGF4EVER raises to 560
      Popov41185 folds
      Big Boned Boy folds
      drunkonfudd folds
      DiNgDoNgDiNgDoN calls 560
      Phevos raises to 6,385, and is all in
      NoWinnerNevLose folds
      Derudaf folds
      AGF4EVER raises to 25,832, and is all in
      DiNgDoNgDiNgDoN calls 17,100, and is all in
      AGF4EVER shows [Ac Kd]
      DiNgDoNgDiNgDoN shows [Jh Jc]
      Phevos shows [Td Tc]
      Uncalled bet of 8,172 returned to AGF4EVER
      *** FLOP *** [9d 6c Ks]
      *** TURN *** [9d 6c Ks] [2s]
      *** RIVER *** [9d 6c Ks 2s] [6h]
      AGF4EVER shows two pair, Kings and Sixes
      DiNgDoNgDiNgDoN shows two pair, Jacks and Sixes
      AGF4EVER wins the side pot (22,550) with two pair, Kings and Sixes
      Phevos shows two pair, Tens and Sixes
      AGF4EVER wins the main pot (19,395) with two pair, Kings and Sixes
      *** SUMMARY ***
      Total pot 41,945 Main pot 19,395. Side pot 22,550. | Rake 0
      Board: [9d 6c Ks 2s 6h]
      Seat 1: Phevos (button) showed [Td Tc] and lost with two pair, Tens and Sixes
      Seat 2: NoWinnerNevLose (small blind) folded before the Flop
      Seat 3: Derudaf (big blind) folded before the Flop
      Seat 4: 112brutus didn’t bet (folded)
      Seat 5: AGF4EVER showed [Ac Kd] and won (41,945) with two pair, Kings and Sixes
      Seat 6: Popov41185 didn’t bet (folded)
      Seat 7: Big Boned Boy didn’t bet (folded)
      Seat 8: drunkonfudd didn’t bet (folded)
      Seat 9: DiNgDoNgDiNgDoN showed [Jh Jc] and lost with two pair, Jacks and Sixes

Is this a standard call every time? I’m only asking cause I know I’m ahead of both their ranges most of the time..but should I consider that since I have more than 100 bbs, I can wait for a better +EV spot than going for this +cEV spot? The structure is non turbo. Thoughts?

Denny

The effective stack sizes mean that you are really heads up against the stack that has you covered. Given the way the betting has panned out I would have to give the initial raiser credit for AK or stronger .. I would have thought he had at least QQ, KK or AA given that you hold two J’s.

Even if he doesn’t have a larger pair .. then JJ is vunerable allin since AK or even KQ can both outflop it and against AK you are only a slight fav 3 handed (about 45% to 36% which drops to 43% v 39% if his hand is suited)

If the rebuy period is over I would say it is a definite fold and wait for a better spot – otherwise it’s a race for approx 100 x BB and I would say it is better to fold given the action … not sure I wouldn’t just have a rush of blood and call though because JJ can become attractive and look better than it is … I’d rather see a flop before commiting my entire stack …

I dont give him much credit for AK or stronger..with those stack sizes, I think he would try to trap more with hands that beat JJ. I felt he was isoing in that spot with a hand weaker than JJ or AQ/AK esp because I had just flatted his raise from LP, I felt it was a case of him iso’ing with what he feels to be a better hand.

Denny

I dont give him much credit for AK or stronger..with those stack sizes, I think he would try to trap more with hands that beat JJ. I felt he was isoing in that spot with a hand weaker than JJ or AQ/AK esp because I had just flatted his raise from LP, I felt it was a case of him iso’ing with what he feels to be a better hand.

112brutus folds
      AGF4EVER raises to 560 ……

DiNgDoNgDiNgDoN calls 560

Phevos raises to 6,385, and is all in …. could be a squeeze play
      [/I]

Personally I do not think you should have flatted his raise looking at this again …

Even if the LP player folded 10 10 then your action gives NO information to the strength of the initial raise when the flop comes down so a reraise is crucial to define his range … also he has raised from an EP UTG +1 which in itself is an indicator of strength

If you are not folding under any circumstances then a raise to 3,000 would possibly make 10 10 go allin and AK may possibly fold his AK .. sorry given the raise call and reraise he has to have a strong hand, but at the end of the day you are just unlucky to lose the race AK v JJ … but I cannot agree that you can discount the fact he may have two overcards when you made the call and to do so is maybe a subconcious way of convincing yourself you are way ahead … sorry (note I am just as likely to call here, but I would gambling that both have an A and drawing slimmer .. anything that would convince me to make the call as I would find it hard to lay down even)

To be honest in live play I raised with AK been reraised and I talked to guy until I established he had QQ .. then I made the call. I already had half my stack in and the blinds were crippling .. it was simply a race had he KK or AA I would have folded .. I still lost so even if you figured he had AK I would still probably call … I don’t think it is a hand many people could lay down to be honest.

But my principle reason for folding here is that he has you covered … I have blown too many cashes in tournaments after being one of the chip leaders by getting involved in a hand with another large stack and letting the pot get out of control. In a tournament it is best to avoid such clashes unless you can see an inexpensive flop, keep pot control and bet with the near nuts. It was just a difficult hand and best avoided; wait for a better spot. Also I believe it is always better to be the raiser and not the caller … give them the tough decision.

Anyway .. not a critism donkabomber just an observation ..

richestuser

hello aditya…

u played the hand perfectly…..just a bad flop..for u….

considering the fact that it is rebuy tourney and rush too… it would have been all in anyways…

u can also visualise ur hands rather than posting..it will make easier to understand for ppl who are reading this thread…for example..link to ur above hand is as follows…..http://weaktight.com/3506157

u have to simply post ur hand history here…http://weaktight.com/hand/

and click submit….

good luck at tables..

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]

PokerGuru - The ONE Stop for Indian Poker Players

Follow us on social media
[easy-followers title="Social Followers" total_type="text_before" columns="row" template="metro"]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]