3-betting Early Game?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Poker Stars $10+$1 No Limit Hold’em Tournament – t10/t20 Blinds – 8 players – View hand 1956850
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: t2940 147 BBs
      SB: t3020 151 BBs
      BB: t3048 152.40 BBs
      UTG: t2970 148.50 BBs
      UTG+1: t2992 149.60 BBs
      MP1: t3060 153 BBs
      Hero (MP2): t2940 147 BBs
      CO: t3110 155.50 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is MP2 with T :spade: 2 :spade:
      , UTG+1 calls t20, , Hero raises to t120, , BTN calls t120, , UTG+1 calls t100

Flop: (t390) 7 :club: 9 :spade: 3 :diamond: (3 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets t330, BTN folds, UTG+1 calls t330

Turn: (t1050) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets t600, UTG+1 raises to t1200, Hero folds

shanti Dharam-ji shanti lol… (shanti = peace).. there is nothing in the pot to steal… no ante’s, you are MP, so many behind you… anyone can wake up with a hand.. terri-bad…
      also bet less on flop.. like 140-150 types…

Yeah, I was going crazy, need to calm down a bit, this hand was too useless to post :/

T 2 and 2 7 I see no difference, fold preeee

Soni

Why :p Seriously.. I understand that you wanted to try raising light.. but uve got the concept totally wrong :p Fold pre.. Its too early in the tourny and you shouldnt be playing such hands frm MP2.. there is literally nothing in the pot.. plus there are a lot of people behind you who can flat.. Check the flop or C-bet 220-250ish.. Give up on the turn :p and check back.. and maybe bet the river like 400ish if he checks else fold.. Dont do this so early in the tourney..

Wtf why is everyone so cool with the way this turn is played.

Check/jam the turn. It will look super strong and now you at least have some decent equity to go with your fold equity.

As played, flat-call his raise and hope to hit a flush.

I mean on the turn there is 2850 in the pot and even flat-calling costs you 600 chips, so folding is pretty disastrous, because even excluding implied odds, we are getting DIRECT odds to chase a flush.

Folding flush draw at this point seems ridiculous and shame on you Vinay for not even considering a turn call or c/jam; we’ve been over this before.

I really don’t understand why everyone loves putting half their stack in the middle and then folding….

didn’t go beyond the flop in this hand actually.. (should have ofc before posting)..
      cant x/jam cause we are IP
      if turn didnt pair the board and a higher card came, I like to bet.. in this case I like to check back turn and take the free card..

anyway, DV, when using the hand convertor, select “phpBB forums” as the output format.. see image below.. This will make the hand easier to read as the suits will be visible , rather than in texted form..

+1 for seeing free card, I misread action.

Still can’t fold for 600 chips with a FD and this much money in pot. Not to mention, you will get paid a lot if you hit your completely undeserved backdoor flush.

To be very honest, I was playing horrible, what I feel sad about it “I was not even thinking through the hand”, I mean I was taking less than 5 seconds to make decisions and that totally spoils my thinking process. It was an easy call on turn given min raise and odds, If I wanted to play 10 2, I should have jammed the turn after the check.

Will take care of a lot of things next time.

Lol where is the 3 bet ?

why do u bet the turn. Something which I have noticed and have personally done multiple is barrel when a draw opens on the turn but doesnt really change the board. You can barrel turns in these situation against players who are passive who considers double barrels pretty nutted… You need to have a read for that,… technically you can never have a 7 in your range and if it was me you were against I am check raising my entire floating range on the turn or check jamming depending on stacks… Backdoor draws are good but u need to know what kinda cards u can barrel against what kinda players….

Anonymous
      Inactive

Extremely brave and courageous play preflop!

The only flop I’d hope for is 222 or TTT or 22T! Even a flopped flush would have me worried as it could easily develop into a singlecard flush!

Sometimes it is worth visualising the entire play (flop, turn, river) before you succumb to raising preflop with such cards at that early a stage of tourney.

rohit3887
      Participant

hmm fold pre…smaller bet on the flop…check turn …i would bet bet turn if K or A opens …
      As played call turn now…not so sure about jamming as villain hardly folds any pair or better (and is likely to check with Ax) except air
      limp nd call players usually have range of Small Pairs , Suited connectors and gappers..as i dont see him “min raising” with any draw ..

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[the_ad_group id="101476"]