Advise plz…. shout at me plz if i played it totally wrong……..

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Arturo

Poker Stars $30+$3 No Limit Hold’em Tournament – t500/t1000 Blinds + t125 – 9 players – View hand 2020977
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP2: t26480 M = 10.09
      CO: t11077 M = 4.22
      BTN: t37555 M = 14.31
      SB: t37626 M = 14.33
      Hero (BB): t39602 M = 15.09
      UTG: t11285 M = 4.30
      UTG+1: t23029 M = 8.77
      UTG+2: t11578 M = 4.41
      MP1: t9139 M = 3.48

Pre Flop: (t2625) Hero is BB with T :diamond: Q :diamond:
      , UTG+1 raises to t2195, , SB calls t1695, Hero calls t1195

Flop: (t7710) T :heart: 7 :club: 2 :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets t3750, SB calls t3750, Hero raises to t9000, UTG+1 folds, SB raises to t14250, Hero ?????????

ummm…i think i would have just called the bet instead of re-raising…..now this a a very tough call for me….i would put SB on AT and fold….again SB may have a flush draw…but a very tough call for me (maybe if i have read on him i can call here)

pre is fine although u can 3b to 6k-6600 (utg is kinda short will put him to tough decision), flop I am guessing u are always getting it in with original opener but here in this spot its tricky. With no reads I wud be inclined to fold, since he was in sb, got to give him credit for flatting a tighter range and can rule out 9T, 8T (esp since the opener was short). That just leaves sets, KT, AT and some fd’s, dont think he floats in this spot so we can rule out complete airballs. Feel we are crushed here a lot and can just hope has a fd if we put it in, sigh fold.

Vignesh G

nice post…see myself a lot in these spots…..as intervention said i see a fold(sigh)… but intervention and jet…is it better to donk bet in the first place and fold for a raise or re-eval on the turn if called?? would have jus costed us 4k chips as against 9k??

Arturo

i did put all in here and called by him to his 77, for me i though if he has sets he should have raised on flop with FD was possible and utg already have bet on the flop.. Acording his line i put him on FD, i dont see he is goning all in with AT or KT.

Arturo

@bunkksterr i mean we can, but i took this C/R plan, its work better for me..

Arjun Parmar

pre is fine although u can 3b to 6k-6600 (utg is kinda short will put him to tough decision), flop I am guessing u are always getting it in with original opener but here in this spot its tricky. With no reads I wud be inclined to fold, since he was in sb, got to give him credit for flatting a tighter range and can rule out 9T, 8T (esp since the opener was short). That just leaves sets, KT, AT and some fd’s, dont think he floats in this spot so we can rule out complete airballs. Feel we are crushed here a lot and can just hope has a fd if we put it in, sigh fold.

+1

but how about leading out OTF with a top pair and a decent kicker? would that change anything?

Vignesh G

@bunkksterr i mean we can, but i took this C/R plan, its work better for me..

Nice one!!!

Denny

i did put all in here and called by him to his 77, for me i though if he has sets he should have raised on flop with FD was possible and utg already have bet on the flop.. Acording his line i put him on FD, i dont see he is goning all in with AT or KT.

Think the question you failed to ask is (why?) what possible hand would he flat with on that particular flop with a player still to act behind. It smacks of not wanting his customers to get away and the board can still pair; although I admit he is gambling that the turn card will not be a heart – he is looking to extract maximum value from a tremendous flop.

If he had the flush draw I would expect him to raise an opening c-bet and put the pressure on there and then to induce the fold Unless he is extremely passive and bad player I doubt he would flat with a player still to act behind? If the draw hits he is also unlikely to get more chips in the pot . I don’t think calling with a draw in that spot would be such a great play as it does not close the action. Since he is going top have to put more into the pot anyway he would be better raising it himself if the is committing to his draw as it gives him the option of winning it there and then.

Flatting does not indicate a FD there unless you have really good notes on him indicating he plays his FD like that?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]