AK called till the river and then shoved into. Call or Fold???

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Poker Stars $2.00+$0.20 No Limit Hold’em Tournament – t25/t50 Blinds – 6 players – View hand 1954078
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: t9455 189.10 BBs
      SB: t2980 59.60 BBs
      BB: t2425 48.50 BBs
      UTG: t2865 57.30 BBs
      MP: t4630 92.60 BBs
      Hero (CO): t2735 54.70 BBs

Pre Flop: (t75) Hero is CO with A :club: K :spade:
      , Hero raises to t150, , SB calls t125, BB calls t100

Flop: (t450) A :spade: Q :heart: 8 :club: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets t200, SB calls t200, BB folds

Turn: (t850) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets t450, SB calls t450

River: (t1750) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets t1750, Hero ???

This is a fishy extreme strength bet/line. Tough to fold AK here at 2.2BI. It’s a sigh fold IMO.

Soni

Yeahh, you are in a very tough spot.. I think the guy got there on the river.. The best hand I could put him on is a two pair.. May be Q9/89 suited kind of a hand.. However, I would make this call.. Its a decent pot size bet.. But, At these micro-stakes, people make that play with almost anything.. He could even have 10 J and might be playing on that double gutshot :p Otherwise, you played the hand pretty good!! But you are most likely beat here :p

LOL @ fold.

@ Msoni: I always marvel at Indian nits. They know their opponents are spazz-tards and yet instead of calling more, they call less on the theory that their opponent can hit any board, because he plays anything. The more hands he plays, the larger the % of his range that missed, and frankly this bet doesn’t make sense.

Just call instead of assuming your opponent is some genius or worrying abt what arbit hand got there.

LOL @ fold.

@ Msoni: I always marvel at Indian nits. They know their opponents are spazz-tards and yet instead of calling more, they call less on the theory that their opponent can hit any board, because he plays anything. The more hands he plays, the larger the % of his range that missed, and frankly this bet doesn’t make sense.

Just call instead of assuming your opponent is some genius or worrying abt what arbit hand got there.

lol.. while I was writing my opinion.. I was about to write.. “wait for below, a gentleman is going to say FISTPUMP CALL”… 🙂

easy call imo…there is no way one could fold here unless u have a very good read on him….call it and then mark him a donk…thats what i would do

Rajit Kumar

Call…D line he has taken makes me put him on a hand lik Ax or Qx…he can have us beat a few times too but more often dan dat u have d best hand..
      Also wid more dan 1 opponent…bet d flop a bit stronger even on dis dry board…Also bet turn more..somewhere close to 600..Call d river nd if he shows u rivered 2 pair or JT for a straight..say ‘nh’ in d chat box nd register to a new tournament…

Well called the bet on the river. He showed JT and took it down. A normal suckout it seems… just the result oriented part of the brain thought of why not post it in the forum and see if i could have done something different.

Out of interest, do you also post this kind of hand when he had random garbage? Do you make this kind of call routinely? Do they have garbage, and if so how often?

hmmm.. No. i wouldn’t have posted this when he had random garbage. Yes, i call here pretty much always and yes, they do have random junk most of the times.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]