AQcc at HJ. Line Check

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

BU had 3b over my raises quite a few times. No reads on CO. Didn’t 4bet coz i didnt want to gii after a 5b from BU. Thought of taking a flop and see what happens.

Poker Stars $5.00+$0.50 No Limit Hold’em Tournament – t40/t80 Blinds + t10 – 9 players – View hand 2137420
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG+2: t5630 M = 26.81
      MP1: t4698 M = 22.37
      Hero (MP2): t3770 M = 17.95
      CO: t3861 M = 18.39
      BTN: t6354 M = 30.26
      SB: t2950 M = 14.05
      BB: t2800 M = 13.33
      UTG: t7357 M = 35.03
      UTG+1: t3823 M = 18.20

Pre Flop: (t210) Hero is MP2 with Q :club: A :club:
      , Hero raises to t160, CO calls t160, BTN raises to t445, , Hero calls t285, CO calls t285

Flop: (t1545) 6 :spade: Q :diamond: T :club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets t760, BTN folds, Hero calls t760

Turn: (t3065) A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: (t3065) J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets t1520, Hero calls t1520

raise turn….fold now

Acehigh… I don’t want to become a bot. So please give me some reasoning behind what u say? Please?
      Do we call his shove on turn in case he does after we lead?

raise turn….fold now

Villain checked back, how can you raise turn ?

you got 2 pair on turn on a draw heavy board…..checking here will give villein a chance to see a free card…thats not a good idea……and yes shove his call on turn….if he shoves there he is prolly chasing a straight draw or a weaker 2 pair….i would raise pot size on turn to chase him away

and yes shove his call on turn….

Acehigh, your basics are flawed, you appear to be clicking buttons, and there is no real reasoning or any sort of math behind your logic. Posting is a good way to learn, but you should know the basics before you do that . Maybe read other people’s post and start picking up stuff. Read books, dont just post senseless stuff it will get you nowhere. Just my 2 cents, not mocking you in anyway.

Don’t let fear of striking out keep you from swinging.

True, but when you strike out 100 times in a row, maybe, just maybe you should look down to see if you are actually holding a bat.

yes man i know my basics are flawed….trying to learn….. :/

and i dont mind ur mocking…as long as i learn from them…thanks for picking out my flaws…cheers 🙂

lol…i meant call his shove….:p

lol…i meant call his shove….:p

i want to know antilog’s thought process on checking turn.. If you could elaborate how you wanted to play the hand once button was out of the hand..

Soni

Preflop: I wud have just called the 3b against an unknown player because we are so deep but against a player who is 3b quite a lot, I would probably just 4b and gii to his 5b coz its hard to play this hard postflop once you miss.. you’ll hv to fold to his c-bet so often that it becomes hard to play it profitably from Out of position. In position, definitely happy just calling the 3b.

Flop: Perfect play. Check/Call his raise.

Turn: Again, perfect play. I wud not bet it as most people think here, betting just scares away weaker hands and we get action from stronger hand. Although, he wudnt fold a two pair or an ace to our turn bet but could fold a queen, a ten, jacks, kings and other pair to our raise and it doesnt fulfil ny purpose. So I wud just check and let him fire, I am raising his turn bet for sure.

River: Perfect play. Jack is a very bad card for us as it completes a lot of draws and I wud hate to call his reraise if we bet. So check-call is perfect. And it gives him a chance to bluff also.

i want to know antilog’s thought process on checking turn.. If you could elaborate how you wanted to play the hand once button was out of the hand..

this explains it all

betting just scares away weaker hands and we get action from stronger hand. Although, he wudnt fold a two pair or an ace to our turn bet but could fold a queen, a ten, jacks, kings and other pair to our raise and it doesnt fulfil ny purpose. So I wud just check and let him fire, I am raising his turn bet for sure.

River he could have had a few 2 pairs/trips and bet for value(Pretty tough on that board i guess), few bluffs and nuts. So i thought i would be ahead a decent number of times.

Villain showed 78o

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]