BB or Button PREFLOP who has position?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Denny

When you are on the BB you have position on everybody pre flop…in short you are last to act and when you are in BB and wana raise raise bigger cos you will OOP post flop….

Actually thinking about my perception and understanding of what I have learnt/read regarding this .. Saby’s perception also makes sense. Raises an interesting question as to what you believe to be correct.

My assumption is that :-

a) SB and BB both post a bet compulsory from OOP – they have no option UTG can fold his “any two random cards” – FACT
      b) BB is last to act therefore gets to ACT LAST and is technically IN POSITION – FACT
      c) BTN is last to act without having to post any bet and is in the “best position” albeit not last to act. – FACT (or disputable ?)

My “opinion” is that

1.that the BB is only likey to act a large & of the time if he wakes up with a hand or it is limp/folded around to him and he can check.

2. Although the BB is last to act and gain information he cannot assume that limpers are weak (or should not) therefore he can only act (raise) with a decent hand otherwise he is simply relying on the weak tell to be true.

Therefore I believe the BTN has true position albeit not technical.

I am really curious as to how you guys see it – guess it really boils down to your own perception and a case can be made for both – but I am firmly in the camp for the BTN …

Comments please – be honestly brutal folks

saby

Hey MM Sorry man maybe my comment was way out of line…call it tilt i apologize for my comments…

This poll should have been outside the hand advise section though.

Well best of luck on all games that you play lets not hold a grudge for a simple comment…

Denny

Hey MM Sorry man maybe my comment was way out of line…call it tilt i apologize for my comments…

This poll should have been outside the hand advise section though.

Well best of luck on all games that you play lets not hold a grudge for a simple comment…

Hey man .. an opinion is an opinion .. never gonna hold a grudge – I am a bit too blunt in my analysis of hands. This isn’t about who is right and no longer a poll …. couldn’t change the thread title (admin ????). I am honestly interested in how others perceive this … after all anything which has become the norm started out as someone’s opinion …

Good luck to you as well .. hope your Aces hold …. maybe meet you at the IPC sometime .. 🙂

saby

Well thanks man…..and i stoped playing poker seriously over 6 months now…. just a recreational gambler so maybe i will not be in IPC any time soon but sure if i am in Mumbai lets meet up and have a beer or 2

Denny

Txs Admin … !!!

Denny

Well thanks man…..and i stoped playing poker seriously over 6 months now…. just a recreational gambler so maybe i will not be in IPC any time soon but sure if i am in Mumbai lets meet up and have a beer or 2

Yeah that would be great to meet for a beer sometime !!!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]

PokerGuru - The ONE Stop for Indian Poker Players

Follow us on social media
[easy-followers title="Social Followers" total_type="text_before" columns="row" template="metro"]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]