Combating donk bets at 30bb.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Poker Stars $1.00+$0.10 No Limit Hold’em Tournament – t150/t300 Blinds + t40 – 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

dmenjoyer555 (MP): t3905 M = 5.66
      kazah-aday (CO): t5875 M = 8.51
      Hero (BTN): t9030 M = 13.09
      CSGUN (SB): t9880 M = 14.32
      willywortel1 (BB): t4270 M = 6.19
      Ausbullets11 (UTG): t6040 M = 8.75

Pre Flop: (t690) Hero is BTN with 7 :heart: 9 :diamond:
      , Hero raises to t660, CSGUN calls t510,

Flop: (t1860) 5 :heart: 5 :diamond: 2 :heart: (2 players)
      CSGUN bets t900, Hero ??

Combating these donk bets at 30bb is troubling me. Folding here is exploitable. Our hand has no equity. If I raise here I am putting in a large % of my stack with a raise/fold line. Flatting to make a play on the turn is also expensive. What’s the best line here?

Jan

How deep in the tournament are you here?

Without that info, my play is to fold (I’m a nit tho, would love to see Adi’s advice on this hand). Don’t worry about being exploitable at these tourneys, I don’t believe the players here 1) pay attention on what type of flop you fold and 2) act on it. As played I put Villain on 22+, 89s+, TJo+ and A5o/s, against which you’re still behind.
      If you want to try a float here you’re really hoping for a heart to hit to bluff on, and that happens less than 1/4 of the time.

fold and move on. Find a better spot… you have only invested 2BB.
      The stack is not good enough for making a play here… raise then fold to shove would dent our stack too much.

“Don’t worry about being exploitable at these tourneys, I don’t believe the players here 1) pay attention on what type of flop you fold and 2) act on it.” +1.
      except Only noticing / doubting the BUTTON raises 🙂

How deep in the tournament are you here?

Without that info, my play is to fold’

Not near the bubble ..

Ok, I think I am making it 2100 and folding to a shove here. I think his range is more inclined towards draws.Like what do u think u are doing on a 552r board?

Rohit Bhalla

Samoh – dont think players are folding much (likely to put it in with draws esp) after leading out on that board with 30 bb in a $1 tourney..
      Hence like the fold in this spot. In a bigger buy-in/better field, raise-folding is a good option, but will be opponent/tourney stage dependent rather than doing it every time.

Rohit/Prateek/Jan – folding will change the dynamics imo .. players may not be attentive.. but this gets easily noticed even at these micro-donkaments.. (at 6-max it is definitely getting noticed)… my opens will now be messed around with even more.. (I did fold here as nothing else seemed right… sigh.. )..
      Samoh – 2100 will be easily flatted.. unless i clip something .. it will be wasted..

Nehal Kapadi

Vinay at this level donk bets are very common. These players usually have a naked ace or kj or sumthn ,which they dont wanna fold without a last attempt for the pot . Would be raising majority of the time. I think raising would be right here.

I def like a fold here as a standard play. You tried to steal blinds, couldn’t , he donks into a flop where you have no equity, so just give it up.
      Absolutely hate raising here, which is basically an info raise. and by that we are giving them an opportunity to rebluff us back. If you absolutely dont believe villain , a safer move would be to float flop and try bluffing him on the turn, which basically help us rep stronger hands.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[the_ad_group id="101476"]