Double barrel? or suggestions how to play this?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Nitish Gupta

PokerStars – $10+$1|700/1400 NL – Holdem – 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3MP+1 raises to 4,200.00, , Hero raises to 8,525.00, , , , , MP+1 calls 4,325.00

Flop: Q:diamond: J:spade: 2:club:
      MP+1 checks, Hero bets 9,128.00, MP+1 calls 9,128.00

Turn: 6:diamond:
      MP+1 checks, Hero checks

River: 3:spade:
      MP+1 checks, Hero checks

Villain was attacking the limpers every time.

Think you should have deleted the river action as again it will influence opinion.. (views will now be heavily weighted towards 2nd barrelling) .. But IMO checking is good .. He may have clipped the j .. Or q with a weak kicker/str draw kicker like 9.. Or may have some straight draw in which case you are good at sd .. If u barrel the turn you are investing a lot of your stack (almost 45-50%) .. Hand has some s/d potential .. So get to a cheap one IMO ..

Ps also think the 3 bet size should have been little bit bigger..

Nitish Gupta

I agree,Messed up the 3-bet sizing

+1 to everything, three bet sizing wrong, check down correct.

I’d also like to say that even though this is a good spot, mostly I won’t take it everytime because guys who abuse these dynamics also tend to be quite suspicious of the 3-bet in this kind of spot. People who abuse always think they are being abused too :P, so the chance of your just being able to get away with a standard move is quite decreased.

Rohit Bhalla

Thoughts on checking the flop and barrelling turn and river instead? Does it look stronger?

Thoughts on checking the flop and barrelling turn and river instead? Does it look stronger?

I have done such things but at lower buyins than 10$.. they dont work.. once we check.. they “will” take the betting lead and its almost impossible to push them off.. higher buy-ins.. not sure..

sunny sen

not like, unless you have a balanced flop check back range after 3b-ing pre that villain is aware of,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]