Facing a donk bet from SB with 2nd pair

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,
      I have no reads on SB. When he min-donked here, I put him on a draw that wants to see the turn cheap and figured my K pair was ahead here. How should I have played this hand?

PokerStars – $4+$0.40|100/200 Ante 25 NL – Holdem – 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

BTN: 13.93 BB
      SB: 13.88 BB
      BB: 61.13 BB
      UTG: 10.95 BB
      UTG+1: 32.97 BB
      UTG+2: 87.35 BB
      MP: 10.65 BB
      Hero (MP+1): 23.78 BB
      CO: 14.25 BB

9 players post ante of 0.13 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.63 BB) Hero has Jh Kd
      fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 2 BB, fold

Flop : (7.13 BB, 2 players) Ad 9d Jc
      SB bets 4 BB, Hero raises to 15 BB, SB calls 7.25 BB and is all-in

I think villian has A here more often than not, call the flop and fold turn to a bet

Why would he donk bet here with top pair? HE knows I would c-bet this board almost all the time. From what I’ve seen at this stakes , most of the time they have some kind of straight draw like KQ , etc or Jx hands like mine or QJ,etc (he’s not going to donk AJ here).

Why would he donk bet here with top pair? HE knows I would c-bet this board almost all the time. From what I’ve seen at this stakes , most of the time they have some kind of straight draw like KQ , etc or Jx hands like mine or QJ,etc (he’s not going to donk AJ here).

I think he would bet with top pair here because he is the short stack, he would like to get his money in when he was likely to be good. Also since this is a tourney, i doubt if the shortstack would cbet the flop for most likely all his chips on a draw. So how did the hand actually turn out?

Shoving looks better than folding to the donk bet, imo. There are just not many aces in a 14bb deep villain’s sb defending and flop donking range. With Aq, Ak he would/should 3b shove pre and with weaker aces he’ll more likely check flop (after he decides to flat pre) . Villain seems like a spewtard.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]