Hand from the IPS 8 Main Event

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      shashank.s

I have a few question about the hand itself & different situations.

Early in level 2, with blinds at 50 & 100.

Seat 1: (UTG1)Player A: 12K
      Seat 2: (CO)Player B: 4.5K
      Seat 3: (Button) Player C: 10K
      Seat 4: (SB) Player D: 12K
      Seat 5: (BB) Player E: 29K
      Seat 6: (UTG) Me: 9.8K

Action:

Pre-Flop:
      I limp-in (first hand I have played out blinds) with 5s5c. UTG1 re-raise to 350.Folded around, BB calls and I call.
      Pot: 1100

Flop: 2h 3s 5h

Action:
      BB checks.
      I check.
      UTG1 raise to 650.
      BB calls.
      I re-raise to 1500.
      UTG1 call & BB folds.
      Pot: 4750

Turn: 10c
      I bet 2500, UTG1 quickly calls
      Pot: 9750

River: 6c
      I bet 4500.
      UTG1 tanks for a longtime (time was called on him twice) & calls.
      I show & he mucks.

Questions:

1. Could I have played the hand differently?
      2. In the long run, would it be a profitable move to check raises the river? Because the check would give him the chance to turn his 1 & 2 pairs into bluffs & also some players may put me on a missed flush draw, with a pair & raise or shove.
      3. If we were in deeper (2x stack each), and if he were to re-raise me on the river. I would put him on a very polarized range, in which case should I flat call or 3-bet raise or shove.
      4. I am really finding it difficult to understand which hands he would call with here, which don’t beat me. Any hands ???

seems fine as played… im not a big fan of limping pre tho… shud just open small instead of limping… river I might check/call and let him bluff at it with his missed draws and over pairs

If we’re deeper… i definitely just check call… pot control is the key deepstack

sunny sen

seems fine as played… im not a big fan of limping pre tho… shud just open small instead of limping… river I might check/call and let him bluff at it with his missed draws and over pairs

If we’re deeper… i definitely just check call… pot control is the key deepstack

river is definitely a value bet, i dont think that its a check-cll as villain never has a straight here and his hand is hugely entrely weighted towards a over pair

regarding op’s Qs
      2. you can go for a river c-r only if you believe villain would stab river on what is apparently a scare card (well not really becuase villain here can never rep a 4 ever, while you can) or he will bet an overpair for value here himself.. so its almost never a check frm u as most decent villain will check back here with an overpair and u lose value.
      3. if villain raises u on the river , with 2x stack depth, then assuming he is straightfoward pre and not 3betting ur UTG limps with a wide range u shove over his river raise and be good a huge % of the time, but if he does have a wide 3 betting range then yea flat, he can show up with a lot of worse hands .

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[the_ad_group id="101476"]