How to open and fund your Neteller account

Viewing 59 reply threads
  • Author
      Jan Hlobil
      Participant

About Neteller

NETELLER
      Neteller is an e-money/e-wallet stored-value service. Consumers in over 170 countries[6] use the Neteller service to send and receive money from their banks to and from merchants. The operation of the service is authorised and regulated by the UK governmentÂ’s Financial Services Authority (FSA).
      Money in a Neteller account can be used to pay merchants, send to other customers of the service, or spend at any retailer that accepts Mastercard using the Neteller debit card that is part of the account[10]. Money can also be received into the account directly from merchants, such as gambling winnings, insurance payouts or video-gaming trading proceeds. Customers can withdraw funds from their accounts by bank transfer, cheque, or using the companyÂ’s Net+ Mastercard debit card at point-of-sale and ATM machines.

Arguably money held in the service is safer than in banks because the service is not susceptible to the run-on-the-bank issues that impacted most major banks during the 2008 global financial crisis. This is because, unlike banks, the company maintains over 100% of deposited funds in separate trust accounts, separate from its operating cash, i.e. all of the customers cash is on hand and available if they all wanted it at the same time [11].

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neovia

How to open and fund a Neteller account

Step 1: Opening your Neteller account

Open a free Neteller account by clicking here and you’ll automatically get a 10% instant bonus up to $10 when making your first transfer!

We recommend choosing USD as your Neteller account currency as USD is the standard currency in most online poker rooms.

Step 2: Funding your account

After filling out the required information you will receive your 12-digit Neteller Account ID and your six digit Secure ID. Check your e-mail for confirmation and then log in to your Neteller account by going to the Neteller website.

Click on the Deposit tab and initiate a Local Bank Deposit:

The “Local Bank Transfer for India” deposit option only supports deposits in Indian Rupee from a bank in India so you must select the country India and the currency INR. If your account currency is not INR, please enter the amount as if you were depositing in your wallet currency (e.g. 100 if your account is in USD) and the amount will be converted to INR in the next step.

Now you have to verify the deposit details. Ensure you deposit the exact amount in INR displayed here when you’re at the bank.

When the transaction details are in order, press Continue to get the instructions for the local bank deposit:

You have now successfully initiated the local bank deposit and it’s time to make the deposit now.

Step 3 : Depositing funds at the bank

You can make a Local Bank Deposit in India at an ICICI or ABN AMRO bank branch by using one of the following four banking options:

[*]Cash deposit at an ICICI or ABN AMRO bank branch
        [*]Cheque deposit at an ICICI or ABN AMRO bank branch
        [*]Over the counter transfer at any NEFT or RTGS supported bank
        [*]E-banking from any NEFT or RTGS supported bank

Read the detailled instructions on how to fill out the deposit slip on the Neteller website.

After completing the transaction and receiving your stamped deposit slip, scan it and send it to [email protected] to notify Neteller that you’ve made a deposit and the money will appear in your account within two to five business days.

I would advice to use entropay which is easier to setup and does not require additional security documents thru credit card for deposit and cash-outs ( which is more important 🙂 )

Jan Hlobil
      Participant

I’m not familiar with Entropay and I’m not sure if it’s the best option for online gaming transactions. I read on their website that they charge a 1.95% fee when transfering funds from a merchant to your Entropay card, so if you play on multiple pokersites you lose 2% of the money transfered from site to site…..This can really hurt your bankroll…

Luv Gupta

Can i Withdraw the winnings with having neteller account.
      If yes then how to do it.
      Can anyone explain the procedure
      thank u.

Jan Hlobil
      Participant

If you want to withdraw money from your Neteller account it’s best to use the NET+ Card at an ATM or do some online shopping. To transfer money from a poker site to Neteller you’ll need to make a small deposit first, to verify that you are the account holder.

Luv Gupta

well, thank you for that,
      But, how to get Net+ card.
      can u explain it in detail.

thank you.

Jan Hlobil
      Participant

There are two prepaid cards, the physical Net+ card, and the virtual Net+ card.
      To apply for the physical Net+ card, just login to your Neteller account, select the ‘Net+ Cards’ Tab and fill in the application. Your card and PIN will arrive separately by mail.

To make use of the virtual card, click ‘Net+ Cards’ and fill in the application. You can use it instantly!

Luv Gupta

thank you jan.

Luv Gupta

hi,
      Can i use my visa debit card to deposit funds to my neteller account or is that necessary to use local bank transfer method

Waiting for reply

thank you..

Jan Hlobil
      Participant

Neteller does accept Visa deposits from India but it’s possible that your bank is not allowing the transaction to take place.

For my is Neteller work corectly.

But for Europen members is better Moneybookers. Or .. ? ..

some indian netbaking banks dont allow it..why?

richestuser

entropay is quick .. but fee is high…nettler is cheap but it takes time…

Citi Bank doesn’t let me transfer money like 2424.22 to other accounts. The money always have to be rounded off in rupees and these Neteller guys won’t accept it..

This sux.. its big time trouble for indians yar..

hnkanakia

I would advice to use entropay which is easier to setup and does not require additional security documents thru credit card for deposit and cash-outs ( which is more important 🙂 )

but the safest is netteller

ok anyone here made a deposit to your neteller account throught credit/debit cards successfully?

Simon Mint

I haven’t used a card, but just so you know, I was able to fund my neteller a/c via cash deposit at the local bank….

Cheers!

Yes even I earlier deposited through local bank method, but it takes 4-5 days 🙁 and depositing through credit/debit card is instant. :-X

Just now I tried to deposit through debit card, but unfortunately it was declined. >:(

Akshat K

Is there an option to fund it by a PayPal account or not ?
      Thanks for the info anyway

Voicu Stefan

Is there a drawback if I deposit (on Full Tilt) directly from my Credit/Debit card?

Voicu Stefan

My CC didn’t work at Neteller so now I’ll have to wait and go through the bank deposit method.

Sadly, I’ll be missing the Rush Week now.

Does anybody know, what would be the account name for Neteller ICICI, I tried to deposit thru netbanking however it says Pacnet services india pvt ltd name does not match with bank records. I have written to Neteller too, response is still awaited

richestuser

use credit card to deposite to entropay… then from entropay to ftp

Voicu Stefan

Have you deposited using this method?

Julius

I used Credit Card to pay FTP directly. It worked.
      I also have tried the Cash deposit method at ICICI. It also works, although it took 2-3 days

Voicu Stefan

I used Credit Card to pay FTP directly. It worked.

Which CC are you using and when was the last time you successfully deposited?

Hi Adi / Jan

I opened a Neteller account just now directly and forgot to do so thru the link on your site which would have used your referral code. Is it possible for me to delete that account and open another one ?
      If that is a complicated process as I have given an email id there and dont want to open a fresh one with a new email id, then I would prefer to use that.
      I would now make a deposit in that account of neteller. What is the right amount to make a deposit in it to avail of some bonus or the likes.
      Also I have not as yet opted for the Extended account but just made the basic or Express account. Shall I go ahead to make the Extended account or this Express account is fine.
      Basically I would use this account to transfer funds from my account to others who require funds rather than use it much for my own playing as I dont not play online. I would surely start to play a little bit at a later date when I can fine tune my timing so I want to ensure that I can use those funds myself and also be able to transfer to others.

Please advise what should I be doing next.

Bharat

@Bharath, Its always better to get the extended account.. Express account has its own limitations… And the extended account comes with a really cool looking card.: 😉 About transferring funds to others , I am not sure if it can be done using neteller , however you can do it via a poker room …
      Btw, If you have an FTP ID I would be happy to transfer my buy in amount for the IPS to your ID… lol…

@Adi
      – I applied for my first withdrawal from FTP to neteller.. Any Idea how long it takes…

Poker Guru
      Participant

Hi Adi / Jan

I opened a Neteller account just now directly and forgot to do so thru the link on your site which would have used your referral code. Is it possible for me to delete that account and open another one ?
      If that is a complicated process as I have given an email id there and dont want to open a fresh one with a new email id, then I would prefer to use that.
      I would now make a deposit in that account of neteller. What is the right amount to make a deposit in it to avail of some bonus or the likes.
      Also I have not as yet opted for the Extended account but just made the basic or Express account. Shall I go ahead to make the Extended account or this Express account is fine.
      Basically I would use this account to transfer funds from my account to others who require funds rather than use it much for my own playing as I dont not play online. I would surely start to play a little bit at a later date when I can fine tune my timing so I want to ensure that I can use those funds myself and also be able to transfer to others.

Bharat

Hi Bharat,

I’m not sure if you can claim the bonus without using a referral link, I suggest mailing [email protected] about this issue. The bonus amount is 10% up to $10, so a deposit of say 5000 INR is enough to make full use of the first transfer bonus (~ 450 INR Bonus). I would definitely recommend sending in all the required documents/proof of address to get an Extended Account as it activates the Net + Virtual Card (You can request a plastic card too).

Hi Samohhh

A small correction, its Bharat and not Bharath 🙂

Ill then go ahead and convert my account to extended, let me check what all has to be done for it.
      The card seems to be a good concept, will they send the card via courier ??
      It would have been cool, if they permitted transfer to others via Neteller, as that would make it like a online bank account.
      Transfer thru poker room is a pain as because I would need a poker-room account on many sites while currently I had none till 2 days back but I created one at FTP just very recently as yesterday. Dont even know how to use it till now. Will take tutorials from someone who plays.
      I would have happily taken the buy-in on to my FTP account but that move would not belong to me but has to the players so I would need to dish out that much cash from my pocket at the venue which would indirectly mean I am converting my cash into online money which is not so interesting for me as I dont play online as yet.

Lets see, how things roll out and soon payment systems at IPS would be made available in such way that online buy ins shall be taken thru some official channel. But currently its too early to get that going.

Bharat

@Bharath
      , Its always better to get the extended account.. Express account has its own limitations… And the extended account comes with a really cool looking card.: 😉 About transferring funds to others , I am not sure if it can be done using neteller , however you can do it via a poker room …
      Btw, If you have an FTP ID I would be happy to transfer my buy in amount for the IPS to your ID… lol…

@Adi
      – I applied for my first withdrawal from FTP to neteller.. Any Idea how long it takes…

around 3 days

@Adi

Hi PokerGuru

Thanks for the feedback. I shall go ahead and convert it to a extended account and ask for a Plastic card.

I shall also email to support at neteller and request them to put in the referral if they can do so now.

Else can I delete the account I created and then make a new account using the Referral. As I have done no transaction on Neteller till now I dont mind doing the needful. Alternately do they permit 2 account thru the same email id. Or alternately I can chnage the email id for the first account and let it remain dormant and create a new account from the correct email id using the referral of PG.

Hi Adi / Jan

Bharat

Hi Bharat,

I’m not sure if you can claim the bonus without using a referral link, I suggest mailing [email protected] about this issue. The bonus amount is 10% up to $10, so a deposit of say 5000 INR is enough to make full use of the first transfer bonus (~ 450 INR Bonus). I would definitely recommend sending in all the required documents/proof of address to get an Extended Account as it activates the Net + Virtual Card (You can request a plastic card too).

Poker Guru
      Participant

Bharat, transfering via neteller is possible, note that there is a 1.9% fee on transfer amounts..

Hi Bharat,

Its the south Indian ‘th’ ..lol.. Also, Once you have your Neteller card you could probably accept payments via neteller I guess..

Your Player ID: samohh
      Date and Time: 2011-01-05 12:00:48
      Payment Method: NETeller
      Amount: $500.00 (USD)

Your withdrawal request has been declined. Please review your
      personal account information to ensure that it is the same as the
      information stored with your payment processor. You may correct
      any of your personal information and try again. If you are still
      unsuccessful, you may wish to try one of the other available
      withdrawal methods.

Hi Adi, Any insights… The information matches perfectly with the payment processor..

Hi,
      I am currently using Entropay for my deposit nd withdrawal from the poker site. But I feel that the fees is very high. It charges 4.95% on deposit, 1.95% when i Transfer funds from my poker account to my entropay account and 6$ when i transfer funds from my entropay account back to my credit card. Can someone suggest a cheaper option along with the fees.

Thanks.

how long does entropay to card take??/

Deposit is instant via debit card..

transfer from the poker site takes around 2-3 days after cashout has been processed by the site and withdrawl to the debit card takes around a week…long process. 😉

which e wallet do u use and wats the timeframe nd d fees..??
      has anybody tried moneybooker??

I suggest re verifying if all the information (mainly email address, phone number and postal address) on fulltiltpoker is same as you have in neteller, they hv to be the same for cashout to be processed.

richestuser

Have you deposited using this method?

hi DeadlyV18,

Sorry for a late reply,
      yes i have deposited through entropay…
      entropay can be used for depositing on many websites….
      Depositing by CC can be some times dangerous.. since it will be reflecting in your CC statement…
      while if u deposit by entropay it will reflect as any other shopping done by ur CC..

Regards

transfer from the poker site takes around 2-3 days after cashout has been processed by the site and withdrawl to the debit card takes around a week…long process. 😉

Hey Pratik,

I use entropay too, but I thought cashing out was easier on Neteller… I have send it for processing but not a lotta success there yet…Moneybookers is instant as far as withdrawal form the poker rrom is considered ( After Approval) but I aint too sure abt other time frame..

Neteller service is better compared to entropay and moneybookers.

Hey Pratik,

I use entropay too, but I thought cashing out was easier on Neteller… I have send it for processing but not a lotta success there yet…Moneybookers is instant as far as withdrawal form the poker rrom is considered ( After Approval) but I aint too sure abt other time frame..

thanks for the information Samohhh.i have recently verified my neteller and moneybookers accounts and i am currently using entropay.so i thought pokerguru might be able to help me out with d best withdrawal option.(considering the time as well as fees).I have applied for the Net+ card on neteller. Can i instantly get the money using the net+ card at any ATM at d expense of 6$.

Waiting for the reply.
      Regards.

Withdrawing fees is too high. I went to HDFC Bank ATM just to withdraw Rs 3,000 INR and I was charged Rs 700 :-\ 😮 . I opened my neteller account and the transactions were like this Rs 260 as ATM fee and Rs 3433.92 as posted amount 😮

Yes you can withdrawfrom the ATM for a Fee.. The best thing to do is keep the card for Online transactions or to shop using a credit card at a store…. Withdrawing ( Unless you crack the Sunday Million or something) is pointless…… Just a thought…

I think before u make ur first withdrawal, u have to qualify for it. For qualification u need X number of points.

Adi would be more competent to comment on this.

Your Player ID: samohh
      Date and Time: 2011-01-05 12:00:48
      Payment Method: NETeller
      Amount: $500.00 (USD)

Your withdrawal request has been declined. Please review your
      personal account information to ensure that it is the same as the
      information stored with your payment processor. You may correct
      any of your personal information and try again. If you are still
      unsuccessful, you may wish to try one of the other available
      withdrawal methods.

Hi Adi, Any insights… The information matches perfectly with the payment processor..

Hi Bharat,

Not really… I opened this account a few months ago and have deposited from my account.. In that case its not required…. Points wise i am pretty rich at FTP… 😉

Sam

The error message you have got is exactly the same as me and I had also cross checked that my details and data were identical at both places. This happened with me 2 days back.
      I am unable to figure out why its happening.

Same here Bharat… If you get to the bottom of it do let me know….. Neteller says there is no issue and FTP says the issue is with Neteller.. Insane…

Trying to work on it….lets see if i get a solution then Id post it up pre IPS else post IPS Ill work on it … I am travelling post IPS for almost the entire month….just let me keep working on it till I transfer some funds to neteller successfully…..

Hi

I have been trying to use the withdrawal option from neteller but they told I need an Extended account for that. I send them the necessary identity or address docs but they will find some reason or other to reject it ( not jpg format, not color, not clear, online copy not accepted.. stuff like that..).. Can anyone tell me the best and easiest way (minimum transaction charges req implied) to withdraw money from a poker site to our bank account ??

Regards,
      Navin

Julius

See this link: http://public.neteller.com/content/en/services_withdrawals.htm
      According to this, you can no longer (effective from 14-02-2011) use Mastercard services thru Neteller. What this means is that, no more Net+ (Virtual/Physical) credit card for India. This means withdrawal from Neteller is going to be only thru your bank account, and will generally be a major pain.

Ankur Gupta

any one still using neteller for online transactions at poker sites?
      they do have wire transfer service (for India). any idea how long it takes for such transfers to reach your india account?

@thealchemist you can fund your neteller account by using a credit card as of now the wire transfer has been stopped for a while since the contract with ICICI bank has been expired. Will get back to you if there is any development.

suraj chaddi

Hold on people..iam a newbie…………..i just have sbi debit card……

The aboce pictures show only deposit thing….what is the process for withdrawl of money…that is the reason iam thinking to play..want to make serius money..like 500$ for month……is it possible??

Rajat Agarwal
      Keymaster

@Suraj: Bank Roll management and having realistic expectations in the beginning are very important. Though making $500 is certainly possible you must learn to familiarize yourself with the game, and learn basic strategy. We recommend starting out by observing others play on sites like PokerStars and 888 Poker. You can then venture out by starting on small stakes table.

As for cashing out, the same can be made to your neteller or moneybookers account. You can use these funds via the NEt+ virtual card or have a cheque sent to your address once you build a bankroll you want to bank! Dont forget to get a INR account setup on moneybookers for convenience.

rahul

Hi , as we are aware that neteller is not issuing physical card in india and their wire transfers are restricted to European countries, what are the options to withdraw funds into my bank account. please assist

Anonymous
      Inactive

You can request cheque but they come in the currency of your account. E.g Default currency is USD which is a problem while depositing in Indian Bank accounts. We contacted neteller and they have advised that changing currency is possible but the member needs to open a new account and then email them. They will tfr the balance from the previous account to the new one.

Hope this helps!

meher sagar

hey guys i’m new to online poker and neteller but when i’m trying to deposit funds into my neteller acc. using my SBI International Visa Debit card the transaction is being rejection saying bank has declined the transaction so i want to ask you guys which bank card do u use?
      thnx!

Anonymous
      Inactive

ICICI and HDFC cards work best. In case of any clarifications you can email [email protected]

Viewing 59 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]

PokerGuru - The ONE Stop for Indian Poker Players

Follow us on social media
[easy-followers title="Social Followers" total_type="text_before" columns="row" template="metro"]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]