interesting hand big22 f3t

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

hi guys

plz let me know what u think about this play and wht do u think is d optimum line.

Poker Stars $20+$2 No Limit Hold’em Tournament – t6000/t12000 Blinds + t1500 – 8 players – View hand 2382197
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP2: t280564 M = 9.35
      CO: t455136 M = 15.17
      Hero (BTN): t759515 M = 25.32
      SB: t197070 M = 6.57
      BB: t610497 M = 20.35
      UTG: t147514 M = 4.92
      UTG+1: t167211 M = 5.57
      MP1: t480454 M = 16.02

Pre Flop: (t30000) Hero is BTN with A of diamonds 8 of diamonds
      5 folds, Hero raises to t24000, 1 fold, BB raises to t59257, Hero calls t35257

Flop: (t136514) Q of spades 8 of hearts 5 of hearts (2 players)
      BB bets t54000, Hero calls t54000

Turn: (t244514) A of spades (2 players)
      BB bets t102000, Hero calls t102000

River: (t448514) Q of hearts (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets t408000, BB calls t393740 all in

Final Pot: t1235994
      Hero shows A of diamonds 8 of diamonds (two pair, Aces and Queens)
      BB shows K of spades A of clubs (two pair, Aces and Queens – King kicker)
      BB wins t1235994

my thought process during the hand

flop call i think is fine , turn im crushing him 90% of the times and i decide to slow play/trap , river when he checks to me after q pairs up and flush gets there im very sure im behind now coz his line suggests he has an ace and my kicker is very weak so i decide to turn my hand into a bluff here coz i think its d best card for me to bluff as i flat called his flop bet and now q has paired up and flush draw has also completed.
      he time banked hard before finally calling with 3 seconds remaining
      i think it mightve been a mistake against this guy coz earlier this guy paid off my flop and river bet on a board of aq4 10 3 with 99.

but i feel i can make a lot of players fold here with this play who are not stations.

plz do let me know what u think about this hand at all streets and m i being over optimistic when i think i can make ppl fold here ?

He pretty much has QA,AK, flush or air there. when we shove river, we want him to fold, Qx, flush or AK there. flush toh no one is folding, Qx can be folded by thinking players but only if they believe u got the flush ( which involves a lot of assumptions), u can def make AK fold . so basically it comes down to u getting AK to fold, and how often u think he got only AK v/s the rest of his range. and considering the fact we still got 35bb to work with, I think let it go on river.

when we shove river, we want him to fold, Qx, flush or AK there. flush toh no one is folding, Qx can be folded by thinking players but only if they believe u got the flush ( which involves a lot of assumptions), u can def make AK fold . so basically it comes down to u getting AK to fold, and how often u think he got only AK v/s the rest of his range. and considering the fact we still got 35bb to work with, I think check back on river and hope he was airballling it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

hi pb thx for ur comments thing is he is unlikely to have qx in his range coz if he has a queen he probably checks turn , when he bets the A turn ,to me he either has an A or air ( where as having a Q is show down val so he checks there ) and now when he checks the bad river card i am all the more sure he has an A and hence i took the line.

i could be worng i could be right but this was my thought process.

sunny sen

raise turn esp vs stations for value
      river: check back/ur play both fine, is ur bet-sizing on the river with nutted hands similar to the bet sizing you have here with the Ax?

Anonymous
      Inactive

villain has psb left otr so i think my sizing cud be similar with nutted hands ….but ur 100% right i thought bout it a lot of times i should have raised turn and uncomplicated things .

Hi Amit.. Like you said.. A raise on the turn would have been better.. But nonetheless coming to the river.. I don’t think he can call you unless he has you beat…. Precisely why you bet strong.. But this is the part where I see him calling.. Since the pot has 400k+ and his remaining stack was lower than 400k.. I think he was getting the sufficient implied odds .. he might further think that you would value bet something like 190k if you had a queen.. Plus that would make his stack at jeopardy .. these are just my thoughts ..

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]