hand goes this way–

UTG: $387.99
      UTG+1: $211.30
      UTG+2: $108.75
      BTN: $100.00
      Richestuser (SB): $100.00
      BB: $98.50

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Richestuser is SB with Kd Ks
      2 folds, UTG+2 raises to $3, 1 fold, Richestuser raises to $10, 1 fold, UTG+2 calls $7

Flop: ($21.00) 2h Ts 5h (2 players)
      Richestuser bets $12.00, UTG+2 calls $12

Turn: ($45.00) Th (2 players)
      Richestuser checks, UTG+2 bets $22.00, Richestuser calls $22

River: ($89.00) As (2 players)
      Richestuser checks, UTG+2 bets $64.75, Richestuser folds..

Any better way to play above hand?

Richestuser

Simon Mint

Not sure why you checked the turn. Did you not have any idea at all on his holdings?
      The fact that he just flatted your bet on the flop tells me that either he had a massive hand like a set or AA or he was fishing with AK and such…or just had air.
      You should have got in a pot size bet on the turn which would have given you more information and also prevented him from catching the Ace if he was indeed holding over cards.
      …just my 2 cents

richestuser

Not sure why you checked the turn. Did you not have any idea at all on his holdings?
      The fact that he just flatted your bet on the flop tells me that either he had a massive hand like a set or AA or he was fishing with AK and such…or just had air.
      You should have got in a pot size bet on the turn which would have given you more information and also prevented him from catching the Ace if he was indeed holding over cards.
      …just my 2 cents

I checked because of 2 reasons
      a. flush draw on board…offen when an opponent flat calls the flop..means possible draw
      b. Pot control… If i would have bet on turn…their is a very much possibility that i may face a raise..

Pot size bet on turn is an aggressive move…moreover it will make me pot commited..if a min raise comes…

Thanks for ur views..

Denny

…just my 2 cents

I checked because of 2 reasons
      a. flush draw on board…offen when an opponent flat calls the flop..means possible draw
      b. Pot control… If i would have bet on turn…their is a very much possibility that i may face a raise..

Pot size bet on turn is an aggressive move…moreover it will make me pot commited..if a min raise comes…

Thanks for ur views..

Sorry I agree with babyshark ..

He could simply be floating you on the flop if he thinks you were trying to squeeze/steal from SB .. Your check on the turn is weak .. You had pot control .. you were the aggressor .. By checking the turn you lost pot control .. if you are not prepared to call the river you should not call the turn bet.

Personally you should have either bet the turn or check raised to see exactly where you are and put the pressure on your opponent .. you would have known exactly where you stood … he simply knows you do not like your hand when you check/called and put you to a decision.

You gained no information on the turn and just put in dead money …. $22 .. he could well have had air or a monster .. but your actions on the turn gave you nothing to go on … If you bet the turn or check raised ,.. he may well of folded, but if he called the check raise or reraised your flop bet … you have better idea of what he is up to and then fold (it is better you put in the $22 first and then fold) .. he simply could have floated the flop to see what you do .. Babyshark is correct .. you need to gain information and retain control .. firing one c-bet is standard play … with or without a hand ….

richestuser

one thing i completely agree with you MumbaiMagic is ….. checking on turn gives a signal of weakness….

i dont know why ppl think checking is weakness..that could be trap ;D

Denny

one thing i completely agree with you MumbaiMagic is ….. checking on turn gives a signal of weakness….

i dont know why ppl think checking is weakness..that could be trap ;D

But that check is the cause of all your problems; not only is it a sign of weakness, you also relinquished control of the betting and it is also the perception you gave your opponent.

Had you bet $22 he may have folded; but if he calls or checks raises you have more information; that is better than check calling the $22 with no idea or plan to take that pot down, even if the Ace does not hit you could still be behind and have no way of knowing .. are you saying you would check call if the Ace had not hit ???

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]

PokerGuru - The ONE Stop for Indian Poker Players

Follow us on social media
[easy-followers title="Social Followers" total_type="text_before" columns="row" template="metro"]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]