Mentorship program and early stage hand ..

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Guys.. it was nice meeting up with you all (those who attended and are a part of this program).. once again thanks Adi.. inspired me to start playing MTT instead of my regular 6-max cash routine.. decided to play a FPP buy-in sat to SCOOP-2 (L) and a 1.x dollar knockout turbo.. didnt do well.. but played a couple of hands in which I was totally lost.. I am posting a early stage hand (infact its the first hand) here of the FPP buyin scoop satellite..but I will only post it street by street.. once I get a couple of responses I will post the next street..

PokerStars Hand #80011006179: Tournament #547619129, 300FPP Hold’em No Limit – Level I (10/20) – 2012/05/06 22:37:54 IST [2012/05/06 13:07:54 ET]
      Table ‘547619129 4’ 9-max Seat #1 is the button
      Seat 1: marcmuiden (1500 in chips)
      Seat 3: ADOLFORECOGE (1500 in chips)
      Seat 4: FOLD OR L0SE (1500 in chips)
      Seat 5: lepikkisspro (1500 in chips)
      Seat 6: Gunca1979 (1500 in chips)
      Seat 7: VinaySuchede (1500 in chips)
      Seat 8: Buttl (1500 in chips)
      Seat 9: laubermino1 (1500 in chips)
      ADOLFORECOGE: posts small blind 10
      FOLD OR L0SE: posts big blind 20
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to VinaySuchede [Qs As]
      lepikkisspro: folds
      Gunca1979: raises 60 to 80
      VinaySuchede: ??
      (I will let you know on my actual action once I get a couple of responses.. fold/call/3-bet.. if 3-bet, size?)

In fact I request all the participants in the program to actively contribute and keep checking the hand advice page at least once a day.

Arturo

just call here as it is early and u got position on him

Barring any specific reads, its an easy flat. Inflating the pot from EP with AQss is rarely going to turn out well. Just call and keep the pot small.

Guess my pre-flop action was wrong then.. anyways lets continue..

VinaySuchede: raises 160 to 240
      Buttl: folds
      laubermino1: folds
      marcmuiden: folds
      ADOLFORECOGE: calls 230
      FOLD OR L0SE: folds
      Gunca1979: calls 160
      *** FLOP *** [8h 6c 9c]
      ADOLFORECOGE: checks
      Gunca1979: checks

PS: Prabhat.. I was in late MP (HJ-1)..

Check and give up. Flop is way too wet to try stuff with two villains.

Arturo

c-bet would be good here.

any idea on c-bet size mukesh? anyways I will post the further action …

VinaySuchede: bets 330
      ADOLFORECOGE: calls 330
      Gunca1979: folds
      *** TURN *** [8h 6c 9c] [4s]

as per prabhat and in hindsight .. c-bet seems to be a bad decision again..

Simon Mint
      Participant

Vinay, I would have played this almost exactly as you did it. Might be wrong but these are my reasons why.
      When playing an fpp satellite very few people are gonna make it through. So playing it aggressive and setting a loose image is crucial.
      I like your raise with AQs. Its a very strong hand, we can’t play it too passively. If you had not 3bet there you might have got at least 2 more callers. Game over.
      Bad luck since u didn’t hit anything on the flop but I still like the cbet.
      With the line you’ve taken it’s very important to c-bet. If you had just limped pre-flop, then checking the flop would be correct play.
      Again, with the line you’ve taken, c-bet is better than checking and just giving up on the hand.
      But with 750 in the pot I might have bet 450-500 there. Try to take it down on the flop. If nothing hits on the turn and river you can always give up.

just call here as it is early and u got position on him

+1

flat pre mainly to keep worse hands in KQ JQ AT etc, flatting AQ has its merit as u can play big pots when u flop top pair against worse kickers.

any idea on c-bet size mukesh? anyways I will post the further action …

VinaySuchede: bets 330
      ADOLFORECOGE: calls 330
      Gunca1979: folds
      *** TURN *** [8h 6c 9c] [4s]

we hv the leed pre and are representing a big pair, I wud bet 480 (think pot is around 730). I will be firing just once unless I improve on the turn, by that time the pot will be pretty big and hand will play out pretty easy. If i get called I am shutting down a lot since the board is so co-ordinated, I expect a big bet on the flop to fold out everything that didnt smash this flop.

ashutoshnaik
      Participant

*** FLOP *** [8h 6c 9c]

Easy flat here, since you are in position against the villain. Because if you 3-bet to say, 240, aand are then 4-bet to 540, you would have to throw the hand away as you are still an underdog if the villian is representng AK or a pair, no way to find out, plus you are risking 35% of the stack preflop. Anyway, you are n position, so you can play it postflop. Early positon represents strength, and i would put him on something like 99+, AQ+, unless he is raising wide.

ashutoshnaik
      Participant

*** FLOP *** [8h 6c 9c]

The texture of the flop looks dangerous to me. There is a club draw. Also 10J is in most people’s range. And so is 89ss, 9-10ss etc, and pocket pairs. ADOLFORECOGE could be checking to trap here. You are mostly beat here. I would probe bet half the pot. A probe bet can be strong because its against multiple opponents. The first opponent may lay down his hand, if he thinks the other opponent is good. I dont think they would continue without hitting anything. And looking at your stack – which is around 1260 here, I would bet 360 into the pot and I am done with it. Just my thoughts.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[the_ad_group id="101476"]