mixed reactions about my play I.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

I played this hand on UPC 10K freeze.
      And after the hand I did get some mixed reactions and comments about the hand and my play here.
      So I wanna ask you guys, what you think?

blinds 100/200 antes?
      UTG+1 flats
      CO flats
      I have 89 on button. I raise to 725.
      SB calls
      BB folds
      UTG+1 folds
      CO folds

FLOP Ah3h8s

SB checks
      I make a small bet 500.
      SB raises to 1000.
      now what?
      stack sizes I cant remember, but I covered her with maybe 30% more chips and i think I had around 50BBs.

Fold pre. 89s would be a much better hand to punish lipmers with, as it plays better postflop. and I would also raise just a lil bigger ~850.

As played, bad board to cbet, try to take a free card here. cbet is not bad either, but obv fold to checkraise from SB.

sry it was 89s. And punishing was the whole idea, but I agree I should have bet more pre. I thought this would look like a stronger play.
      my c-bet on flop was entirely for informational purposes which i think I got right. I don’t think like the free card option, would possibly give me a much tougher spot on turn.

cbet needs to be bigger.. very undisguised informational cbet allowing the villain to make that informational raise…

As Vinay said… I would make a bigger c bet here trying to get him fold or in other case he shoves so we have more information as where we stand…

It depends on how small blind is playing and what kind of player he is …..As if he had AK AQ AJss and since you button raised…given the stack sizes you mentioned (he had 30BB) and the number of limpers in the pot and playing OOP… he would want to end the hand right there and shove….so I dont think he has an Ace so you should 3bet the pot and raise again on the flop….

On the other side… I would check the flop and see the turn…. as I belive he didnt flop an Ace.. and if we dont have a lot of information about his play….its better to check and see the turn

ashutoshnaik
      Participant

I played this hand on UPC 10K freeze.
      And after the hand I did get some mixed reactions and comments about the hand and my play here.
      So I wanna ask you guys, what you think?

blinds 100/200 antes?
      UTG+1 flats
      CO flats
      I have 89 on button. I raise to 725.
      SB calls
      BB folds
      UTG+1 folds
      CO folds

FLOP Ah3h8s

SB checks
      I make a small bet 500.
      SB raises to 1000.
      now what?
      stack sizes I cant remember, but I covered her with maybe 30% more chips and i think I had around 50BBs.

No matter, what you have, I would C-bet atleast half to 3-4th the pot here, or check if you want to give up. A bet of 500, and fold on a minraise is just throwing away the chips. Also your body language showed a lot of weakness ( I could see this since I was on the table) . I am pretty sure she didn’t have anything. If you had reraised her minraise, I am 90% sure, she was throwing the hand away.

ashutoshnaik
      Participant

Fold pre. 89s would be a much better hand to punish lipmers with, as it plays better postflop. and I would also raise just a lil bigger ~850.

As played, bad board to cbet, try to take a free card here. cbet is not bad either, but obv fold to checkraise from SB.

Disagree with the first part. 89ss is a very good hand in position with limpers, and the raise sizing was very correct, In my opinion.

I never said 89s was not a hand to try squeezing here with .. I said 89o was pretty thin.. What are your reasons for thinking 725 was the right sizing??

ashutoshnaik
      Participant

I never said 89s was not a hand to try squeezing here with .. I said 89o was pretty thin.. What are your reasons for thinking 725 was the right sizing??

He had 89ss and not 89o, but I notice you wrote the comment at the time, he made a typo. 89o is a fold. For all the hands in the range, the raise size should be consistent ( whether you have 89ss or AA ). In an unopened pot, i would raise 400 – 450 ish, but since the pot is already opened, you need to isolate, hence 725 is good raise, given the player’s tight reputation. 725 by Olli would achieve the same purpose as 850 in this case.

I just think 850 gives more fold equity and I dont mind playing a Big pot with a disguised hand like 89s in position, specially since I can rep so much post flop.

hehe, I might have looked/acted scared after her flat on SB. when she flatted I thought she was pretty strong…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]