Moved Posts

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

i was playing on fulltilt for the ipc freeroll, was cruising smooth with 7.5k chips, got another double up chance when i got aa, i was in mddle position to react raised to two bb player next to me went all in, so obviously i went all in with aa the other guy had kk so the flop comes 369 turn come q and hell with river it comes k beating my aa….lol it brings me down to 3.5k chips…..still i manage to make my self in the top 10….

APB1989

$2.20 tourney on Stars…arnd 4500 players.This hand happened after about 5 hrs of play when I had abt 140,000 chips and was above average. Blinds 1k-2k w 200 ante .I was on the button and the hand was folded to me. I made a std raise abt 2.5 times the big blind with Qs-10s. SB folds and BB makes the call. He has me covered.
      Flop : Js Ks 7d
      BB checks. I make a smallish bet hoping to get re-raised. He re raises me and i go all-in. He snap calls and shows pocket jacks for a flopped set.
      Turn : 9c . I make a straight.
      River : 9d . He makes a full house and i m busted around 80th position.
      Could I have done anything else in this hand . Was there a way i couldnt have gone bust…

Denny

$2.20 tourney on Stars…arnd 4500 players.This hand happened after about 5 hrs of play when I had abt 140,000 chips and was above average. Blinds 1k-2k w 200 ante .I was on the button and the hand was folded to me. I made a std raise abt 2.5 times the big blind with Qs-10s. SB folds and BB makes the call. He has me covered.
      Flop : Js Ks 7d
      BB checks. I make a smallish bet hoping to get re-raised. He re raises me and i go all-in. He snap calls and shows pocket jacks for a flopped set.
      Turn : 9c . I make a straight.
      River : 9d . He makes a full house and i m busted around 80th position.
      Could I have done anything else in this hand . Was there a way i couldnt have gone bust…

In a tournament after 5hrs play the only thing I can suggest is NOT playing BIG HANDS with a stack which has you covered … I have busted or crippled myself doing this .. If you have to get it allin against a big stack make sure you have the stone cold nuts .. which means controlling the pot and seeing the river … otherwise … I just played KK on a Q XXX board and shipped allin on the turn against two players who showed AQ and QJ hands and the river was the CASE Q giving them both trips …. I lost about 85% of my stack at the most crucial stage of the tournament. But it was me who swelled the pot PREFLOP on the FLOP and shoved the TURN since I was confident I was in front .. shit happens !!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]

PokerGuru - The ONE Stop for Indian Poker Players

Follow us on social media
[easy-followers title="Social Followers" total_type="text_before" columns="row" template="metro"]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]