Nut flush river action

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

PokerStars Hand #87383229620: Tournament #624861091, $4.00+$0.40 USD Hold’em No Limit – Level IX (75/150) – 2012/10/09 16:55:29 IST [2012/10/09 7:25:29 ET]
      Table ‘624861091 18’ 4-max Seat #4 is the button
      Seat 1: babai009 (13733 in chips)
      Seat 2: 66san (12119 in chips)
      Seat 3: dyraley_dsb (6227 in chips)
      Seat 4: heitzi966 (17536 in chips)
      babai009: posts the ante 20
      66san: posts the ante 20
      dyraley_dsb: posts the ante 20
      heitzi966: posts the ante 20
      babai009: posts small blind 75
      66san: posts big blind 150
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to babai009 [As Js]
      dyraley_dsb: folds
      heitzi966: raises 300 to 450
      babai009: calls 375
      66san: folds
      *** FLOP *** [Tc 4d 8s]
      babai009: checks
      heitzi966: bets 300
      babai009: calls 300
      *** TURN *** [Tc 4d 8s] [Ts]
      babai009: checks
      heitzi966: checks
      *** RIVER *** [Tc 4d 8s Ts] [2s]
      babai009: bets 1234
      heitzi966: raises 4642 to 5876
      babai009: ?

have to sigh call here i guess, your hand is disguised. could have some Tx and in rare case complete air. also could have backdoored into a smaller flush himself. Reads as far as aggression factor of the villain may also help.

btw, one of your better threads this one.. go for more quality than quantity bro 🙂

:)…that is the problem…heitzi966’s image has been really tight…

A) This is just as bad as all your other threads. Only question is whether to rejam or not and frankly the answer is YES.

B) Vinay this is just so terri-bad I don’t know what to say. Please work on your game and your courage. This is a $1 tourney for heavens sake. We have the nut flush and villains actions are completely inconsistent with a set. The idea of a “sigh-call” is laughable, and the thought of folding is utterly ridiculous. Are you ever comfortable with any hand other than the nuts?!!!

Edit: Seems its a $4 tourney, but that doesn’t really make any difference as far as the analysis is concerned.

so your completely ruling out the possibilities of fullhouse and even quads?? why?

ps: his image is super tight

SO WTF??

Nobody plays a set like that ever. And please understand you dont need to COMPLETELY rule out something. It’s just far more likely he backdoored a worse flush than that he suddenly decided to play a set like this. You coolered him just get the money in!

Also there’s a difference between post-flop and pre-flop tightness and a set is the virtual nuts on every street here. No way he plays so passively with a set especially on turn when draws appear.

Arjun Parmar

yo the pre flat looks good… flat on the flop is k… imo you should have bet on the turn with the FD… and shove on the river with the flush to his raise…

A) This is just as bad as all your other threads. Only question is whether to rejam or not and frankly the answer is YES.

B) Vinay this is just so terri-bad I don’t know what to say. Please work on your game and your courage. This is a $1 tourney for heavens sake. We have the nut flush and villains actions are completely inconsistent with a set. The idea of a “sigh-call” is laughable, and the thought of folding is utterly ridiculous. Are you ever comfortable with any hand other than the nuts?!!!

Edit: Seems its a $4 tourney, but that doesn’t really make any difference as far as the analysis is concerned.

stand corrected.. lot of combos of flushes and Tx to get value from .. error to not shove..

richestuser

gud bet of 1234 on river…looks week…now shove..full boats will not be played like this on turn….if he has 2 2 then u can not do anything…otherwise shoving is right move here…

Villain just turns up here with Tx so often, thinking that your lead OTR was just trying to buy the pot. When you re-pop, he will even snap call with Tx. Always always shipping it back here, unless reads tell me otherwise.

Also, Acehigh, sets/FHs/quads are def a part of his range. but its so unlikely that you just have to go for full value here, otherwise you are losing money playing AJ OOP.

thnks for all of your reply…i just wanted to see whether shoving river is a good play here….btw to his reraise i shoved the river and he shows TT (quads)….anyways i am satisfied to see that from my part it was a right move (everyone is this forum suggested shoving also)…thanks 🙂

richestuser

IMO Bad luck for getting that nut flush in this hand…obviously shoving is correct FWIW

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]