Post Hands here for feedback

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • Author

Go ahead and start new threads for any interesting hands you need feedback on.
      Also if there are any hand questions from any of the videos please post them here.
      Adi

i was playing on 100/200 blinds Table i got pocket 9’s, i raised to 1200 pre flop there was one caller and flop comes 8 10 J rainbow, he checked i raised to 2000, he reraised it to 6000, i called, turn comes 7 rainbow, he checked i raised to 6000, he reraised it to 20k, i called and river comes 6 (no flushes on the board 8 10 J 7 6) then he raised to 35k and i coudn’t stop myself and called because i wasn’t putting him on 9 as i was having two9’s in my hand but that fellow was having nuts 9Q…. WTF….!!!
      feedbacks are welcome.

just an unlucky hand not much u can do when u hv 2 of the remaining 4 9’s in the deck.
      at least u just called and saved money by not raising.

ilovefls

When you get check-raised on the flop and on the turn, you should realize you’re up against a monster hand!

shashank.s

Hey,
      I play a cash game with a couple of guys from college regularly, none of them are exceptionally great, but all of them love to gamble. The mood in the table is generally really loose, so i play a very tight game, trying to protect my chips. The problem is these guys can call,raise or re raise with any two cards. And more often than not you will find yourself in the receiving end of a bad beat. I will give an example;
      I was in late position with AK off, so i raised to 3times BB, i got three callers. The flop came 7 K J rainbow, I raised and got one caller. The turn was a 3,changed nothing once again i bet and he called. The river was a 4, with no flush or straight possibilities on the board, i raised to about 3/4th of the pot and suddenly he re raised me. I went over the hand again and saw no harm (I even thought he was trying to push me out of the pot with a straight draw or medium pair) and made the call only to be shown a rivered tripe. Now i cant understand why he was calling me all the way……………
      IS THEIR A BETTER WAY I COULD HAVE PLAYED THE HAND. OPEN TO ADVICE
      And after this hand i went into tilt and lost my entire stack, it was really frustrating…..
      What should i do?????? Do you think i would stop playing in this table, as i feel it is negatively affecting my game???????

richestuser

dont worry much when u loose hand because of bad beat….
      but yes if one is getting bluffed with an inferior hand… then one shud work with his/her game..

Hi Intervention,

I had AQo in my hand and raised, 2 more people called

Flop was H8 D4 CJ (Rainbow)

All three checked

Turn SQ

I raised

1 person folded
      other person to my surprise went all-in

Flop was rainbow and Turn was also different, so no chance of flush or full house.

I had Q pair with high kicker and River yet to come

I called

River was SA, I got double pair

However that person was holding DKDT and got his straight

I am wondering how a person go all-in to look for straight on Turn

Wondering what would I have done?

Simon Mint

Hi Akshay!
      Here’s my 2cents….
      I don’t know how the table is playing LAG TAG or some other style.

After the flop he could have had absolutely anything…eg: 910s (hearts or clubs for a back door flush) either way an up and down straight.
      Or he could have got 2 pairs (QJ)…these and many more possibilities for him to push allin on the turn.

But after seeing the river we know that he was semi bluffing on the turn.

You had no choice but to call with your top pair top kicker….but then again depends on what was in the pot…how much was the allin bet…what were the stack sizes…what were the respective positions, etc in order to make a decision to fold or call.

Rajat Agarwal
      Keymaster

Hey Akash,
      The board on the turn is 8 4 J Q rainbow (meaning no flush draws on the board), after checking the flop, u showed lot of weakness as you were pre flop raiser, your opponents will definitely rule out you having a very strong hand here and would think that you are trying to take a shot of winning the pot here as everyone checked the flop and showed weakness, at best you can have a pair of Q as you would hv bet AA KK all your top pair with Jacks on the flop. On the turn it looks very much like you could be trying to steal the pot, he has a straight draw with an over card (meaning if he hits K he could very well win the hand as well) so I kinda like his allin move as a semi bluff. There is a good chance you will fold some weak Q and will be only calling with QK and AQ and folding all other Queen pairs (JQ is not likely since u checked the flop and would hv generally bet if u had top pair J on flop) and if you do call he will still have “outs” to make his hand on river, since he makes the straight when he hits a 9 or an Ace on the river and could also win with a King on river. I think his play is correct, I dont know if he thought all this or wanted to just gamble with his draw, but regardless you made the right call and got unlucky, it happens.
      Adi

Yep, i think your explanation is dead right, thats what I was thinking when I re-analyse the hand afterwards. I should have all-in post Flop rather then limping.

Thanks Bro for your points, this would help me in future.

Anonymous
      Inactive

This is relevant to $100NL and $200NL on FT and Stars – Since I open light very frequently from the button, I obviously get 3-bet by the blinds a lot. I have a fair idea of the equity of most hands I’m opening on the button with, but I can’t seem to play 7s and 8s right. I almost never 4-bet with these two hands from the button, since I’d like to see a flop instead of getting 5-bet out of the pot preflop; calling the 3-bet and then the villain’s mandatory c-bet on the flop on most 10 or Jack high rainbow boards is, so far, not working out to be +EV. Also, these are the two hands where I don’t seem to know where I’m at, post flop and turn. Help, please?

-Rish

Michal Strba

was holding a 6 and 7 hearts …the flop opened H8 S2 C9 …i raised the normal bet amount after everyone checked…call by 5 ppl on the table …one of them raised twice the bet…everyone called…on the turn H 9 …this 2nd person raised the same amount raised in the 1st round..everyone called…the river was H 10 ….the perfect hand ….i raised 3 times the bet amount….2nd person raised…3rd person fold…4th person re-raised……the 5th one went all in ….and i thought it was my lucky day…so i had called i was all in …the others also called and went all in ….

1st person had 22 – 2’s full of 9
      2nd person had 98 – 9’s full of eight
      4th person had ace flush
      5th person had a H J and H Q

the flop .. H8 S2 C9 H9 H10

suggestions are welcome …can this hand bet any better ….WTF did i do wrong…no wild raises….had a straight flush 6 to 10….lost to a higher straight flush 8 to queen….my luck seriously sucks ..lol

Rish –
      The NL stakes at Stars/FT mentioned by you usually allows max buy-ins of 100 BB. I don’t think calling a pre-flop 3-bet heads-up with small pocket pair can be +EV in the long run for these limits. Effective stack sizes will not justify making a call considering the small number of time you can win enough even after hitting your set. Multi-way pots and deeper stacks is a different proposition of course. But even in such cases one has to keep open the option of folding to big re-raises pre flop.

Varnit –
      Dude, either you just woke up from a poker nightmare OR played this hand against opponents who fixed the deal beforehand. Coz this kind of crazy hands only happen in Bond movies!

Cheers!
      Bhalla

Denny

Hey,
      I play a cash game with a couple of guys from college regularly, none of them are exceptionally great, but all of them love to gamble. The mood in the table is generally really loose, so i play a very tight game, trying to protect my chips. The problem is these guys can call,raise or re raise with any two cards. And more often than not you will find yourself in the receiving end of a bad beat. I will give an example;
      I was in late position with AK off, so i raised to 3times BB, i got three callers. The flop came 7 K J rainbow, I raised and got one caller. The turn was a 3,changed nothing once again i bet and he called. The river was a 4, with no flush or straight possibilities on the board, i raised to about 3/4th of the pot and suddenly he re raised me. I went over the hand again and saw no harm (I even thought he was trying to push me out of the pot with a straight draw or medium pair) and made the call only to be shown a rivered tripe. Now i cant understand why he was calling me all the way……………
      IS THEIR A BETTER WAY I COULD HAVE PLAYED THE HAND. OPEN TO ADVICE

And after this hand i went into tilt and lost my entire stack, it was really frustrating…..
      What should i do?????? Do you think i would stop playing in this table, as i feel it is negatively affecting my game???????

If you know the table gamble (guessing the stakes don’t affect them) then you will have to take the rough with the smooth. However you have to consistently bet the same. You cannot afford to lower your stakes when you win since you recover less than you lose. Best to play a) where the stakes mean something b) you all have similar bankrolls and I mean the ability to rebuy chips.

I play in a similar cash game crowd as you describe …. I had AA cracked on the river when after he called my allin when I literally told him any pair from KK down is beat .. he still callled with 10 9 on a 10 high board .. no flush or str8 draw and rivered a 9 :'( :'( . Another hand I had KQ on an Q high board and someone rivered a J to go with his JJ .. another pot lost .. at all times I knew I was ahead before the river … I lost 5 buyins .. but other nights your hands will hold up …

Know your customer and act accordingly … highs and lows will occur at volatile tables …

P.S If we play a tournament freeze-out, I crush them as they still play with a cash game mentality …

if it affects your game and you are on tilt .. walk away, take 10 minutes out and come back .. focus your game .. or leave ..

Anonymous
      Inactive

Rish –
      The NL stakes at Stars/FT mentioned by you usually allows max buy-ins of 100 BB. I don’t think calling a pre-flop 3-bet heads-up with small pocket pair can be +EV in the long run for these limits. Effective stack sizes will not justify making a call considering the small number of time you can win enough even after hitting your set. Multi-way pots and deeper stacks is a different proposition of course. But even in such cases one has to keep open the option of folding to big re-raises pre flop.

Cheers!
      Bhalla

Rohit,

Given the fact that these are 6-max tables where 3-betting light is rampant, I personally think hands like 77/88 are too good to lay down PF. Depending on the opponent’s playing style, I don’t think I’m folding these hands here more than 20% of the time. I’m just wondering how to go about playing them post flop, in and out of position – especially since hitting a set is only a 12.5% possibility, the rest 87.5% of the time my hand is going to stay unimproved. I realize that the texture and wetness/dryness of the board obviously plays a big part here, but I just can’t seem to play them right.

-Rish

Denny

was holding a 6 and 7 hearts …the flop opened H8 S2 C9 …i raised the normal bet amount after everyone checked…call by 5 ppl on the table …one of them raised twice the bet…everyone called…on the turn H 9 …this 2nd person raised the same amount raised in the 1st round..everyone called…the river was H 10 ….the perfect hand ….i raised 3 times the bet amount….2nd person raised…3rd person fold…4th person re-raised……the 5th one went all in ….and i thought it was my lucky day…so i had called i was all in …the others also called and went all in ….

1st person had 22 – 2’s full of 9
      2nd person had 98 – 9’s full of eight
      4th person had ace flush
      5th person had a H J and H Q

the flop .. H8 S2 C9 H9 H10

suggestions are welcome …can this hand bet any better ….WTF did i do wrong…no wild raises….had a straight flush 6 to 10….lost to a higher straight flush 8 to queen….my luck seriously sucks ..lol

You fail to state what the preflop action was .. guessing everybody limp called … with 5 to a flop just asking for trouble … You always raise to get rid of players (regardless of your holding) but doubt the Qh Jh is folding anyway.

If you get cold decked .. you get cold decked. (assume you trust these guys and saw the pack get shuffled ::) ::))

Denny

Hi Intervention,

I had AQo in my hand and raised, 2 more people called

Flop was H8 D4 CJ (Rainbow)

All three checked

Turn SQ

I raised

1 person folded
      other person to my surprise went all-in

Flop was rainbow and Turn was also different, so no chance of flush or full house.

I had Q pair with high kicker and River yet to come

I called

River was SA, I got double pair

However that person was holding DKDT and got his straight

I am wondering how a person go all-in to look for straight on Turn

Wondering what would I have done?

He simply re-raised you with a semi-bluff (having caught more outs on the turn) with the notion that you may well fold having checked the flop and showed weakness.

You were the preflop aggressor, yet you checked the flop, you might as well have said aloud I do not have a high pair and I have missed that flop completely .. whereas a 3/4 pot bet showing strength may well have taken it down on the flop there and then.

There is the chance that they may read it as a c-bet and call, but you cannot simply check and give them a free card and loads of information regarding the strength of your hand.

Your actions influence the decisions and resulting actions of the other players. You pressured them preflop and then simply relinquished control and released that pressure on the flop.

your dad

@rish and rohit..

i guess in these 6 max hyper aggressive cash games its definitely negative ev to fold these hands evrytime because of the button-blind dynamics. You’ll be at worst 50-50 or ahead most of the times ..

people 3 bet u more not only because you love to open but because you open with a wide range and almost never 4 bet with ur mediocre or weak holdings .. u only 4 bet whn u have it ..
      see basically 4 betting in position with 77-99 is like calling his c-bet preflop and taking the lead in case he calls.

with hands like 77-99 where its really tough to play postflop without the lead, u should either fold preflop or 4 bet.

And with these 4 bets with mediocre hands you can easily balance them by 4 betting ur monster hands AA,KK,QQ and get more value out of them and leave ur opponents in more confusion rather than u being in those tough guessing spots ..

Laul ..

Anonymous
      Inactive

Laul, I think if I start getting 77++ in my four betting range, two things will happen very quickly –

1. I’ll start getting into yucky 5-bet jam type situations a lot, where I will NEVER be ahead – I’ll either be crushed, or tossing. And I’ll have to do the math but I don’t think I’m going to show a profit in that spot with just the dead 3-bet I pick up versus the number of times I have to end up calling his 5-bet jams for odds, and be crushed.

2. I think $1/$2 players adjust quite rapidly, and my opponents will adjust their 5 bet jamming range to my 4-betting light-ish range.

What dyu guys think?

-Rish

I almost never 4-bet with these two hands from the button, since I’d like to see a flop instead of getting 5-bet out of the pot preflop

If u’d like to see a flop and are wary of getting pushed out of the pot with a probable weaker holding, I’d suggest limping in.

Laul, I think if I start getting 77++ in my four betting range, two things will happen very quickly –

1. I’ll start getting into yucky 5-bet jam type situations a lot, where I will NEVER be ahead – I’ll either be crushed, or tossing. And I’ll have to do the math but I don’t think I’m going to show a profit in that spot with just the dead 3-bet I pick up versus the number of times I have to end up calling his 5-bet jams for odds, and be crushed.

I dont think this is true. U said that u dont 4 bet ur mid strength hands…then why do u think u feel u’ll get 5 bet a lot. If the players are as smart as u make them out to be, u wuldnt get 5 bet too much unless they hav a monster themselves in which case u can safely bow out or one of these hands go to showdown and they realise that u had 4 bet a mid pp pre flop.

2. I think $1/$2 players adjust quite rapidly, and my opponents will adjust their 5 bet jamming range to my 4-betting light-ish range.

Personally, I dont think the $1/$2 players are that good overall. I dont think most of them would adjust in such a spot. Yea there would be some who would give you trouble but not all of them.

So in conclusion, I’d say just mix them into ur limping range if u dont like getting 3 bet light and 5 bet jammed when ur holding these hands or take himanshu’s advice and mix it into ur 4 betting range.

rachit soni

hey guyz !!
      ok i was playin at 2k buy in 50-100 stakes !!

i had pocket kings !!
      raised strongly to 4.5 times big blind !!!

gt 2 callers !

flop – k 7 2 rainbow !!

check hopin to trap but one guy raises me to bout 4k
      i reraised to 9 k total other guy folds

turn- queen

i raised to to 10 k …after sometime thinkin he calls !!

river -7

gt nut full house !!

shoved remainin stack !!!

he calls nd shows pocket sevens fr quads !!!

i was stunned !!!

now my main question is should i hav shoved on the turn ??

was it right play ???

feedbacks are welcome…

lol r u serious? no matter how u played the hand u were still going broke on the river and he was stacking u. no way in hell will result ever be different in such a hand

9 players
      [SB] JumpShoot (530)
      day1one (1745)
      [1] xtddprd (1230)
      [2] scumanchik (1505)
      [3] Nidurr1 (1570)
      [4] jimmywhitey (920)
      [5] IntoTheValue (1824)
      [6] Myagi83 (1607)
      kenneoin (1600)

Nidurr1 :Ad :Ac Initial Pot: 75

Nidurr1 raises to 150

day1one calls 100
      ### FLOP ### :3d :7d :7c Pot: 325
      day1one bets 150
      Nidurr1 calls 150
      ### TURN ### :9s Pot: 625
      day1one checks
      Nidurr1 bets 275
      day1one calls 275
      ### RIVER ### :8c Pot: 1175
      day1one bets 994
      Nidurr1 is All in
      day1one calls 1
      Nidurr1 shows :Ad :Ac
      day1one shows :6s :7s
      day1one wins 3165 from the main pot with Three of a kind, sevens

Am I ever folding the river profitably? Especially after he leads flop and check calls turn.

i definitely wouldnt

Mike De Melo

So I had the big slick…suited…playing 100/200 on a buyin of 10000..raised to 450 from the button, but since the table was playing really loose, got 4 callers. The Flop comes A K Q(rainbow)…There is a bet of 1000 from the BB, a call and a re-raise to 1900 from UTG…I have no idea what to do here, but with my two pairs, decide I need to take a stand..re-re-raise to 3500…SB and BB folds, UTG calls..and the other guy also folds..the turn comes 10…UTG checks…I check…River is a Q..UTG bets 2000 into a pot of 9000..almost a value bet..I decided to shove at this point…with the full house on the charts…he shows AK and folds!! Phew…one of the scariest hands I played…on hindsight I realize I was very lucky on that hand, and the position helped, and if UTG had shoved on the river, I would have definitely folded!! How could I have played the hand better?

saby

Full Tilt – 50/100 NL – Holdem – 8 players (Full Tilt Poker Game #27216659603: $75 Ticket Frenzy (211268770), Table 2 – 50/100 – No Limit Hold’em – 17:14:36 ET – 2011/01/12)

UTG+1: 3,335.00
      MP: 2,910.00
      MP+1: 5,410.00
      CO: 1,500.00
      BTN: 1,500.00
      Hero (SB): 2,835.00
      BB: 1,425.00
      UTG: 1,595.00

Hero posts SB 50.00, BB posts BB 100.00

Pre Flop: (150.00) Hero has
      [Jh 4h]

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 200.00, BB calls 100.00

Flop: (400.00, 2 players) [Jd 5d 7h]

Hero bets 400.00, BB calls 400.00

Turn: (1200.00, 2 players) Jd 5d 7h] [7s]

Hero checks, BB checks

River: (1200.00, 2 players) [Jd 5d 7h 7s] [Ad]

Hero checks, BB bets 350.00, Hero calls 350.00

BB shows [6c 7c]

(Three of a Kind, Sevens)
      Hero mucks

(Two Pair, Jacks and Sevens)
      BB wins 1,900.00

saby

I think you could have folded there cos you are beat to trips and a full house. In this case i think his range is polarized to a monster or a bluff.

The guy is in the big blind who can make the call pre flop with something like a 76s ot a 87s A7 is not likely since u have 2A. Yes he could be trying to bluff on a busted draw buts all you can beat on this board.

Having given all the gyan i can assure you i would not fold AA especially in a low buyin tournament and have to give the guy credit he didnt re-raise you on the flop.

9 players
      [SB] JumpShoot (530)
      day1one (1745)
      [1] xtddprd (1230)
      [2] scumanchik (1505)
      [3] Nidurr1 (1570)
      [4] jimmywhitey (920)
      [5] IntoTheValue (1824)
      [6] Myagi83 (1607)
      kenneoin (1600)

Nidurr1 :Ad :Ac Initial Pot: 75

Nidurr1 raises to 150

day1one calls 100
      ### FLOP ### :3d :7d :7c Pot: 325
      day1one bets 150
      Nidurr1 calls 150
      ### TURN ### :9s Pot: 625
      day1one checks
      Nidurr1 bets 275
      day1one calls 275
      ### RIVER ### :8c Pot: 1175
      day1one bets 994
      Nidurr1 is All in
      day1one calls 1
      Nidurr1 shows :Ad :Ac
      day1one shows :6s :7s
      day1one wins 3165 from the main pot with Three of a kind, sevens

Am I ever folding the river profitably? Especially after he leads flop and check calls turn.

I am never folding river here since flush draw missed, on a diamond river is lil tricky since a large part of his leading range on tht flop cud be a flush draw, but def calling the blank river

So I had the big slick…suited…playing 100/200 on a buyin of 10000..raised to 450 from the button, but since the table was playing really loose, got 4 callers. The Flop comes A K Q(rainbow)…There is a bet of 1000 from the BB, a call and a re-raise to 1900 from UTG…I have no idea what to do here, but with my two pairs, decide I need to take a stand..re-re-raise to 3500…SB and BB folds, UTG calls..and the other guy also folds..the turn comes 10…UTG checks…I check…River is a Q..UTG bets 2000 into a pot of 9000..almost a value bet..I decided to shove at this point…with the full house on the charts…he shows AK and folds!! Phew…one of the scariest hands I played…on hindsight I realize I was very lucky on that hand, and the position helped, and if UTG had shoved on the river, I would have definitely folded!! How could I have played the hand better?

In a loose game i wud be riasing bigger with my premium hands for value, the 450 raise pre flop as u r describing the game seems far too small. On the flop I wud just call, I dont think putting in the 3rd raise is good just becos u will be chasing all the worst hands out and only better hands continue, so u loose all value. I wud just call and re-evaluate on the turn u r on the button and hv position. River is close since you just beat bluffs at this point when he bets, dont think he wud be betting a worse hand than AK on tht board for value, u r getting real good pot odds but I think the only option is calling or folding, shoving seems a bit ambitious.

Full Tilt – 50/100 NL – Holdem – 8 players (Full Tilt Poker Game #27216659603: $75 Ticket Frenzy (211268770), Table 2 – 50/100 – No Limit Hold’em – 17:14:36 ET – 2011/01/12)

UTG+1: 3,335.00
      MP: 2,910.00
      MP+1: 5,410.00
      CO: 1,500.00
      BTN: 1,500.00
      Hero (SB): 2,835.00
      BB: 1,425.00
      UTG: 1,595.00

Hero posts SB 50.00, BB posts BB 100.00

Pre Flop: (150.00) Hero has
      [Jh 4h]

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 200.00, BB calls 100.00

Flop: (400.00, 2 players) [Jd 5d 7h]

Hero bets 400.00, BB calls 400.00

Turn: (1200.00, 2 players) Jd 5d 7h] [7s]

Hero checks, BB checks

River: (1200.00, 2 players) [Jd 5d 7h 7s] [Ad]

Hero checks, BB bets 350.00, Hero calls 350.00

BB shows [6c 7c]

(Three of a Kind, Sevens)
      Hero mucks

(Two Pair, Jacks and Sevens)
      BB wins 1,900.00

Being oop I wud riase bigger pre flop, besides that I think u played the hand perfect, there is not much u can do and hv to pay off the river bet since he cud be tht small with lot of J’s with which u r chopping now and are only beat by flush (unblikely he checks flush draw on turn when its checked to him) or an Ace which again wud seem unlikely for him to get to river with.

I am never folding river here since flush draw missed, on a diamond river is lil tricky since a large part of his leading range on tht flop cud be a flush draw, but def calling the blank river

Thanks, thats what I figured.

Go ahead and start new threads for any interesting hands you need feedback on.
      Also if there are any hand questions from any of the videos please post them here.
      Adi

Yo close this thread and make it into a sticky or something. Purpose of this thread has been lost from the beginning. Let ppl start new threads for hands they need advice on

8 players
      [SB] glossanaut (66210)
      Royal Magpie (6059)
      [1] uncfan2009 (7288)
      [2] Nidurr1 (6794)
      [3] SN_1982 (8084)
      [4] Ray Volver1 (4445)
      [5] kiki1028 (15079)
      SJU Baseball (8987)

Nidurr1 :Th :8h Blinds 140/280 with 25 ante

Nidurr1 raises to 643
      SN_1982 calls 643

glossanaut calls 503

### FLOP ### :3d :2h :9c Pot: 2409
      glossanaut checks
      Nidurr1 bets 1658

glossanaut calls 1658
      ### TURN ### :9d Pot: 5725
      glossanaut checks
      Nidurr1 is All in for 4493

The flop’s really, really dry, and I feel I win with a c-bet, even into 2 players, a large percentage of the time. Once I get flatted by the big stack SB, I feel a lot of his range is gutshot wheel draws, A3s or A2s and small/medium pocket pairs below a 9. He’d been a pretty aggro big stack so far, and with a caller already behind me, and him being out of position, I don’t think he ever shows up with a big pair JJ+ here, and difficult for him to have TT or 88 since I have blockers for both. I know both a 9 and a set are flatting me on this driest of dry boards. Which leads me to the question – how often does he show up with a 9 or a set here? Personally, I think – not often enough to make this play unprofitable. Thoughts?

p.s – The flop bet is unreasonably large given the flop texture because I’m betting into two opponents, one of whom is a monster stack. Also, if I bet say, 1250 into 2400, a much more reasonable bet, and the SB calls, pot would be approx 4900 and I would have 4900 behind, which is still a pot size bet, sure, but if I had AA here I would prolly bet 2/3rd of my remaining stack on this turn and the rest on the river. By making it 1658 into ~2400, I feel my turn barrel (4493 into 5725) seems like a much more natural value shove, and I feel I get him to lay down a pair much, much more often.

Anonymous

This is an interestin hand that i had a couple of days ago :
      ok so im playin a 9 man S&G(6 people remainin).. im at UTG+1 :Blinds are 50/100.. i hv 1850 chips and i’m dealt A(D)K(C). UTG(3200 chips approx) just limps in i Raise it to 300 and action folds to the button(1200 chips approx).. Button pushes all in, SB folds BB folds. Now at this point im thinkin it was an auto call for me but then UTG reraises all in. After thinkin abt how utg playd it i decided to fold..
      UTG showed K(H) K(D) Buton showed 8(S) 8(D)
      Flop – 4(H) 10(H) 6(C)
      Turn – A(S)
      River – 4(S)
      any thoughts on wether i shudda calld or not

Well many ppl would hav suffered enormous bad beats online like me…Well in this hand it was me who gave the suckout….lolzz….Everything happened preflop on Pokerstars….. .02/.05 table UTG raises it to 2 $…I had kings I reraised it to 4.5$(all in) and cutoff calls!!!!
      UTG shows A K
      Me K K
      cutoff A A
      Board:A K 10 5 K…I got the pot….

@slammyjammy
      Yea its a snap call. There’s only 2 hands that have you crushed-KK and AA. The button is short stacked and could be shoving a wide range of hands here. UTG could also have lot of hands in his range that you are dominating/flipping against. He could have AQ/AJ/KQ, lot of pocket pairs and depending on how loose he is even some more weaker aces or holdings. AK is too strong a hand to fold in most situations especially in such a spot and format.

PokerStars Game #59769911511: Tournament #413010285, $5.00+$0.50 USD Hold’em No Limit – Level III (25/50) – 2011/03/25 19:03:43 IST [2011/03/25 9:33:43 ET]
      Table ‘413010285 94’ 9-max Seat #6 is the button
      Seat 1: dek1962 (3602 in chips)
      Seat 2: A777BX (2595 in chips)
      Seat 3: REALACID (5620 in chips)
      Seat 4: …vzgbv… (4873 in chips)
      Seat 5: Buffoneze (3700 in chips)
      Seat 6: sergiorep (3275 in chips)
      Seat 7: anuj22 (2875 in chips)
      Seat 8: WTSHARK666 (3525 in chips)
      Seat 9: 1sweetness1 (2755 in chips)
      anuj22: posts small blind 25
      WTSHARK666: posts big blind 50
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to anuj22 [Ks Kh]
      1sweetness1: folds
      dek1962: folds
      A777BX: raises 75 to 125
      REALACID: calls 125
      …vzgbv…: folds
      Buffoneze: folds
      sergiorep: folds
      anuj22: raises 175 to 300
      WTSHARK666: calls 250
      A777BX: calls 175
      REALACID: calls 175
      *** FLOP *** [3s Ad Ah]
      A777BX is disconnected
      anuj22: bets 350
      WTSHARK666: folds
      A777BX has timed out while disconnected
      A777BX: folds
      A777BX is sitting out
      REALACID: calls 350
      *** TURN *** [3s Ad Ah] [5d]
      anuj22: checks
      REALACID: checks
      *** RIVER *** [3s Ad Ah 5d] [Qs]
      REALACID: bets 750
      anuj22: folds
      Uncalled bet (750) returned to REALACID
      REALACID collected 1900 from pot
      REALACID: doesn’t show hand
      *** SUMMARY ***
      Total pot 1900 | Rake 0
      Board [3s Ad Ah 5d Qs]
      Seat 1: dek1962 folded before Flop (didn’t bet)
      Seat 2: A777BX folded on the Flop
      Seat 3: REALACID collected (1900)
      Seat 4: …vzgbv… folded before Flop (didn’t bet)
      Seat 5: Buffoneze folded before Flop (didn’t bet)
      Seat 6: sergiorep (button) folded before Flop (didn’t bet)
      Seat 7: anuj22 (small blind) folded on the River
      Seat 8: WTSHARK666 (big blind) folded on the Flop
      Seat 9: 1sweetness1 folded before Flop (didn’t bet)

Really need advise on how should I have played that hand? Did I do right thing by folding that hand?

PokerStars Game #59769911511: Tournament #413010285, $5.00+$0.50 USD Hold’em No Limit – Level III (25/50) – 2011/03/25 19:03:43 IST [2011/03/25 9:33:43 ET]
      Table ‘413010285 94’ 9-max Seat #6 is the button
      Seat 1: dek1962 (3602 in chips)
      Seat 2: A777BX (2595 in chips)
      Seat 3: REALACID (5620 in chips)
      Seat 4: …vzgbv… (4873 in chips)
      Seat 5: Buffoneze (3700 in chips)
      Seat 6: sergiorep (3275 in chips)
      Seat 7: anuj22 (2875 in chips)
      Seat 8: WTSHARK666 (3525 in chips)
      Seat 9: 1sweetness1 (2755 in chips)
      anuj22: posts small blind 25
      WTSHARK666: posts big blind 50
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to anuj22 [Ks Kh]
      1sweetness1: folds
      dek1962: folds
      A777BX: raises 75 to 125
      REALACID: calls 125
      …vzgbv…: folds
      Buffoneze: folds
      sergiorep: folds
      anuj22: raises 175 to 300
      WTSHARK666: calls 250
      A777BX: calls 175
      REALACID: calls 175
      *** FLOP *** [3s Ad Ah]
      A777BX is disconnected
      anuj22: bets 350
      WTSHARK666: folds
      A777BX has timed out while disconnected
      A777BX: folds
      A777BX is sitting out
      REALACID: calls 350
      *** TURN *** [3s Ad Ah] [5d]
      REALACID: checks
      *** RIVER *** [3s Ad Ah 5d] [Qs]
      REALACID: bets 750
      anuj22: folds
      Uncalled bet (750) returned to REALACID
      REALACID collected 1900 from pot
      REALACID: doesn’t show hand
      *** SUMMARY ***
      Total pot 1900 | Rake 0
      Board [3s Ad Ah 5d Qs]
      Seat 1: dek1962 folded before Flop (didn’t bet)
      Seat 2: A777BX folded on the Flop
      Seat 3: REALACID collected (1900)
      Seat 4: …vzgbv… folded before Flop (didn’t bet)
      Seat 5: Buffoneze folded before Flop (didn’t bet)
      Seat 6: sergiorep (button) folded before Flop (didn’t bet)
      Seat 7: anuj22 (small blind) folded on the River
      Seat 8: WTSHARK666 (big blind) folded on the Flop
      Seat 9: 1sweetness1 folded before Flop (didn’t bet)

Really need advise on how should I have played that hand? Did I do right thing by folding that hand?

Hate the raise sizing pre, this deep after a caller u hv to squeeze bigger. The flop is pretty dry and after he checks the turn, u can take out flop floats out of his range. So getting to river u hv to decide whether he is capable of vbetting worse or is he always only betting hands that beat you, I dont think he is betting 88 99 and there arent too many Q’s with which he cud hv gotten to the river with, so doubtful he is vbetting worse and I dont think there are many bluffs in his range too after he checks the turn, so I guess good fold.

Also please post hand advice hands in new threads and please NO BAD BEATS OR COOLERS, tough to give feedback on those hands

8 players
      [SB] glossanaut (66210)
      Royal Magpie (6059)
      [1] uncfan2009 (7288)
      [2] Nidurr1 (6794)
      [3] SN_1982 (8084)
      [4] Ray Volver1 (4445)
      [5] kiki1028 (15079)
      SJU Baseball (8987)

Nidurr1 :Th :8h Blinds 140/280 with 25 ante

Nidurr1 raises to 643
      SN_1982 calls 643

glossanaut calls 503

### FLOP ### :3d :2h :9c Pot: 2409
      glossanaut checks
      Nidurr1 bets 1658

glossanaut calls 1658
      ### TURN ### :9d Pot: 5725
      glossanaut checks
      Nidurr1 is All in for 4493

The flop’s really, really dry, and I feel I win with a c-bet, even into 2 players, a large percentage of the time. Once I get flatted by the big stack SB, I feel a lot of his range is gutshot wheel draws, A3s or A2s and small/medium pocket pairs below a 9. He’d been a pretty aggro big stack so far, and with a caller already behind me, and him being out of position, I don’t think he ever shows up with a big pair JJ+ here, and difficult for him to have TT or 88 since I have blockers for both. I know both a 9 and a set are flatting me on this driest of dry boards. Which leads me to the question – how often does he show up with a 9 or a set here? Personally, I think – not often enough to make this play unprofitable. Thoughts?

p.s – The flop bet is unreasonably large given the flop texture because I’m betting into two opponents, one of whom is a monster stack. Also, if I bet say, 1250 into 2400, a much more reasonable bet, and the SB calls, pot would be approx 4900 and I would have 4900 behind, which is still a pot size bet, sure, but if I had AA here I would prolly bet 2/3rd of my remaining stack on this turn and the rest on the river. By making it 1658 into ~2400, I feel my turn barrel (4493 into 5725) seems like a much more natural value shove, and I feel I get him to lay down a pair much, much more often.

Dont mind the way u played this, only thing diff I wud do wud be to bet smaller on flop so I hv post size bet (psb) left. I mihgt check the turn back when the 9 hits but def am shoving any heart any 7 or J (as semi bluffs) and any face card QKA and a Ten as well, if board pairs like it did with the 9 or a low card comes I check back turn and shove on some scare cards on the river, obv cant do much if the board bricks out unless u hv a strong read tht guy will fold to 2nd barrell.

Poker Guru
      Participant

Dear Members,

This thread is now closed. All members are encouraged to post any hands they need advice from our pro`s by starting a new thread!!

Remember all posts before 27th March 12pm are eligible for the “Post and WinContest;So keep posting 🙂

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]

PokerGuru - The ONE Stop for Indian Poker Players

Follow us on social media
[easy-followers title="Social Followers" total_type="text_before" columns="row" template="metro"]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]