Rate this AQs play

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Poker Stars $1.00+$0.10 No Limit Hold’em Tournament – t125/t250 Blinds + t25 – 8 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (MP2): t14081 M = 24.49
      Deputat-UA (CO): t22197 M = 38.60
      cossom2000 (BTN): t20695 M = 35.99
      sokolooko (SB): t4251 M = 7.39
      bubodoktor (BB): t13855 M = 24.10
      VICCORD1 (UTG): t23134 M = 40.23
      j1nta (UTG+1): t6889 M = 11.98
      jodzsi0007 (MP1): t18282 M = 31.79

Pre Flop: (t575) Hero is MP2 with A :heart: Q :heart:
      , Hero raises to t550, , bubodoktor calls t300

Flop: (t1425) 9 :spade: 7 :club: 8 :heart: (2 players)
      bubodoktor bets t500, Hero raises to t1470, bubodoktor calls t970

Turn: (t4365) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      bubodoktor checks, Hero bets t2182, bubodoktor calls t2182

River: (t8729) 2 :club: (2 players)
      bubodoktor bets t250, Hero raises to t3941,

SPEWY? Optimal line on flop / but the way played optimal line on turn / and the way played optimal line on river?

Jan

If villain is capeable of hand reading it’s not spewy IMO. As played I would probably check the turn and bet on a rivercard that completes the draws if checked to, now it’s just 2 bricks so you’re repping a made hand on the flop.

any information / history about the opponent?
      Does he floats flop or limps too much and give up on Turn????

Also vinay….. I think Once he calls on the flop… dont inflate the pot too much or …represent overpair…
      At the 1$ buyin donkaments…personally I have played and experienced…I hardly think anyone gives up top pair after the flop or ever… if he has 10 9 / J9 kind of hand…he is not going to give up. And after investing so much in the pot…he is not going to fold river. The river donk bet was basically kind of defending bet. In river he is getting a little better than 4 to 1 to make that call.

If you thought he is floating or since board is scary he bets flop… the re raise is fine.
      Once he calls your re raise on flop….. Either you check the turn (pot control)… or make 80% kind of bet on turn. Bet strong.
      If he calls the turn…and you still want to get him off / bluff… shove river. not value bet and give him best odds to call. (dont give them easy decisions) (Would you have been in the opponent place with 10 9….would you call 4k in 13k?????)
      I like the full commitment …if you’re bluffing… commit 100% not half hearted try. The turn bet looks weak…..

Just flat him on the flop, he’s donk betting you and you hardly have any equity, other than the backdoor FD+2 overs, so try to see the turn as cheaply as possible. dont raise for info, its a drawy board, so dont inflate it unnecessarily . I would put him on a pair +straight draw type hands, maybe A9 etc. He is almost never doing this with complete air, unless he is that bad. I like the turn bet, and river as played, you are telling a story and sticking to it. But for these $1 donkaments, nobody thinks much, so we can end up leveling ourselves.. Therefore I just like to play standard.

Why do we have to do all this fancy stuff?

Is there some kind of rule against folding on the flop when we have nothing and he bets?

Edit: You can flat one street, I guess, because his bet is so small. But as played just shut down once he calls you. He always has a hand, and he’s never folding it to normal bets.

sunny sen

Why do we have to do all this fancy stuff?

Is there some kind of rule against folding on the flop when we have nothing and he bets?

Edit: You can flat one street, I guess, because his bet is so small. But as played just shut down once he calls you. He always has a hand, and he’s never folding it to normal bets.

+1 million, c-fold flop ..

i am nt a mtt expert, but one thing i notice in all your hands vinay (and a few others) is that you forget you are playing micros and players at these stakes DO NOT HAVE A FOLD BUTTON, this is a fundamental mistake you and some others are making where you continue to try and bluff/barrel or do stuff that micro players are immune to, this could be a pretty big leak … at these stakes you have to make hands to win hands in most cases or look for dry boards to cbet …

i think bax in one of his early videos said that his goal is to play absolute abc poker at the micro stakes and go for bigtime value with made hands, nt ur 1/3 or less than 1/2 pot bets when you have the virtual nuts … cos micro players will pay you off atleast 2 streets with their gutters one pair etc …

/end rant

Arjun Parmar

absolutely agree to prabhat

Just call flop u have backdoor outs lets not inflate the pot board is wet.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[the_ad_group id="101476"]