River bet sizing advice..

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

Poker Stars $3.00+$0.30 No Limit Hold’em Tournament – t700/t1400 Blinds + t175 – 9 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Gramanschi (BB): t67628 M = 18.40
      OmeNillisz (UTG): t63365 M = 17.24
      korshov23 (UTG+1): t29323 M = 7.98
      dmickael (UTG+2): t65324 M = 17.78
      Rundelukas (MP1): t9354 M = 2.55
      Kroko x (MP2): t38964 M = 10.60
      danoos (CO): t12758 M = 3.47
      Hero (BTN): t71725 M = 19.52
      RENOLI (SB): t18490 M = 5.03

Pre Flop: (t3675) Hero is BTN with A :heart: A :spade:
      , Hero raises to t2800, , Gramanschi calls t1400

Flop: (t7875) 3 :heart: 4 :diamond: J :spade: (2 players)
      Gramanschi checks, Hero bets t2992, Gramanschi raises to t7222, Hero calls t4230

Turn: (t22319) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Gramanschi bets t12777, Hero calls t12777

River: (t47873) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      Gramanschi checks, Hero bets ??

Sachin Sinha

Shove. I don’t think villain would be good enough to fold his top pair after putting 1/3rd of his stack. Any other hand in his range is also more likely to call a shove than a value bet.

I would have re raised at the flop and raise/shove at turn.

Jam.

i would shove after flop

I suck .. bet only half pot… :(.. got called and he mucked..

what did he have? (Obv it shows in ur HH…unless you didn’t know this).

Arjun Parmar

vinay bhai… y did you just flat his c/r on the flop? imo u should have raised him on the flop itself and same on the trun… as played shove river…

what did he have? (Obv it shows in ur HH…unless you didn’t know this).

you wont believe it if I tell you (but possible ofc)… lolss.. 8Qcc

Edit: Arjun bhai, you realise why you shouldnt raise on flop.

vinay bhai… y did you just flat his c/r on the flop? imo u should have raised him on the flop itself and same on the trun… as played shove river…

Totally wrong. Reasoning might be useful….I suspect your reason is “I have Aces so I shove”…not particularly good. You are more likely to get his money with this line than by shoving. (And though I don’t like pointing to results, in this case villains hand shows exactly why Vinay’s line is much better than yours.

i would shove after flop

You might want to give an explanation, seeing as you a) didn’t answer the question of this thread in the first place and b) you are wrong.

Arjun Parmar

nope thats not my reason that cause i have AA i should shove there… its not necessary that AA have to win all the time and thats the only move with AA. i just wanted to know y he didnt raise there on the flop and turn… the flop was pretty dry…

Arjun Parmar

i might be wrong… well thats how ill learn yo

Arjun, that’s why you should post your reasoning- to correct or examine incomplete reasoning. Why would a dry flop mean we should shove?

It’s a dry flop. If we shove we will just make him fold a lot of hands including complete air.

By calling we will get value from top pair hands and overpair hands as well as bluffs.

If we shove he is forced to fold bluffs, and may even get away from some top pair type hands. Flatting allows him to give us money with those as well. Or even to catch something later.

Edit: Arjun, I am not objecting to you posting something wrong. I am objecting to the lack of reasoning behind it. You won’t discover the flaw (if any) unless you articulate your reasoning.

Arjun Parmar

cool… thanks prabhat now i understand where i was wrong… cheers

Rajit Kumar

I have a question..what is d hero supposed to do if d villain shoves river??is it a snap call??cz he easily has 22,33,44 and A5 in his range..wouldn b really scared of 88 nd JJ cz dose hands probably 3bet preflop as its a BU vs Blind situation..

once d villain checks river..its definitely a shove imo..i dnt think he’ll be checking sets dere as u hav called 2 streets..he would extrct value wid dose hands..so ur sure ur ahead..just shove..

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]