Selling action for MPC 9th – 18th Aug

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author

Full schedule can be found at:
      http://www.pokerstarsmacau.com/tournaments/macau-cup/2013/august/

Package is only for:

10th Aug MPC Event 2: 5500 HKD NLH (710 $)
      11th Aug MPC Event 3: 2000 HKD PLO (258 $)
      12th Aug MPC Event 4: 5000 HKD NLH (1000 Bounty) (645 $)
      13th Aug MPC Event 5: 3000 HKD NLH (387 $)
      14th Aug MPC Event 6: 11000 HKD NLH (Main Event) (1420 $)

Total package = 3420 $

With MU @ 1.4:1 = $4788

1% = 47.88
      3% = 143.64
      5% = 239.4

– Selling 25% at max 5% per investor, 5% has already been reserved. Package will only play if the entire remaining 20% is reached. Deadline is 9th August 8pm IST.

– Markup is definitely on the higher side, but then so is decent accomodation and food in Macau, plus I do plan on making something out of this series. If this would be online, MU would be about 20-25%.

– Bountys add on to the payout. Any unplayed tourneys due to conflict in timings will obv be refunded.

– It will be entirely my decision to make any deals on a FT.

– Refund will be for the same exchange rate as buyin i.e. 1$=7.746 HKD, rounded off to 2decimals, after any tax deductions during payout. All refunds will be processed latest by 20th August.

– Winning the ME includes 100K HKD (~ 13000$) entry into ACOP ME in October. You will automatically be entitled to a piece of that in same proportions as per investment in this package PROVIDED I decide to play. I am not committing yet bcos the tourney plays right up to Diwali, will only be confirmed by mid October.

– Will only accept on PS (aniceboy). Kindly confirm after sending ITT.

– Will try and post regular updates ITT.

Nitish Gupta

lol @ the markup,people like aejones have a markup of 1.1:1

Sure…but those packages run into tens of thousand $$

And there are also players who sell with no MU at all……

That mark ups wild.

If seen as pure MU, Yup, it’s high and maybe even not worth considering regardless of any player’s skill.

However here MU is not only to be seen as premium here, cos there’s extra travel and accommodation that’s involved other than the ME, approx 600-800$….If I’m playing online from home or am a local resident I obv don’t have those costs and don’t charge them

Even if I drop the MU right upto 1.15 and I take the medium case 3420 + 700 = 4120 @ 1.15 MU = 4738

IMO, it would be unfair that the entire extra $$ is only borne by the player during a package that involves travel and hotel costs. The above is exactly how I would be willing to sell action for this specific series if at all….

Best of luck for the series. And hope you sell the action.
      But ive travelled to the MPC 4 times and so have a bunch of others I know, all of whom sell action to cover travel and expenses, just not at 1:1.4

Simon Mint
      Participant

This >>>>>>>>>> “If seen as pure MU, Yup, it’s high and maybe even not worth considering regardless of any player’s skill.”

Best of luck for the series. And hope you sell the action.

Thanks, I read elsewhere you won’t be able to make it this time…maybe next time we can catch up…

sunny sen

If seen as pure MU, Yup, it’s high and maybe even not worth considering regardless of any player’s skill.

However here MU is not only to be seen as premium here, cos there’s extra travel and accommodation that’s involved other than the ME, approx 600-800$….If I’m playing online from home or am a local resident I obv don’t have those costs and don’t charge them

Even if I drop the MU right upto 1.15 and I take the medium case 3420 + 700 = 4120 @ 1.15 MU = 4738

IMO, it would be unfair that the entire extra $$ is only borne by the player during a package that involves travel and hotel costs. The above is exactly how I would be willing to sell action for this specific series if at all….

so you are charging investors for travelling and hotel and food in your package? well done, if i was in amore pensive mood, i’d call this an outright scam, sincerely hope no-body on PG buys this package

Simon Mint
      Participant

I am suspecting his plan is to go to Macau without a br, take the marked up $1368 to play cash, run it up to 3k or so hoping to get lucky in a tournament (non-package), then play the package ones for free without any investment, pay off hotel and sundries and come back home a lot lighter and hopefully richer with a big smirk on his face for having pulled off the biggest scam he can think of. Nicely done not so nice boy.

anci would apppreciate if u can highlight ur previous winnings and online score. Just wanted to check basis of ur 40 pc markup

I think its fairly stupid to call this a scam in the true sense.
      Its simple, You don’t like it dont buy it.

Simon Mint
      Participant

Which clever guy hides his ps id on opr and then asks for a transfer to his ps a/c for a live event?
      Any guy asking for 40% mu should have so much sense to at least provide some stats that people can refer to before they can decide on whether to invest. People should not have to ask kindly or otherwise for him to provide those details.
      I’m still laughing that he needs to recover his hotel and traveliing expenses via mu when he is supposedly investing 75% of his own money to play the series.
      If it smells like a fish it is a fish…

I am suspecting his plan is to go to Macau without a br, take the marked up $1368 to play cash, run it up to 3k or so hoping to get lucky in a tournament (non-package), then play the package ones for free without any investment, pay off hotel and sundries and come back home a lot lighter and hopefully richer with a big smirk on his face for having pulled off the biggest scam he can think of. Nicely done not so nice boy.

Wow, you hit the nail on the head there ……right up to the cash games, in fact the non-package tourny idea is more brilliant than mine!!!

Thought it may have been much easier to pull it off and rip off a few on here…….

so you are charging investors for travelling and hotel and food in your package? well done, if i was in amore pensive mood, i’d call this an outright scam, sincerely hope no-body on PG buys this package

LOL….why would I not include a part of the expenses (which are not negligible in this case) into the package??

If I profit X, my actual winnings are 75%(X) – 100%(expenses). But the stakers’ winnings are 25%(X).

It may be acceptable to some players who would not be capable of playing whole package without investors. Or some other payers may be just fine with working that way, but it makes absolutely no business sense to me…

I don’t know aniceboy personally but i have followed him a bit on stars and p5s. Pretty sure this is no scam esp when he explicitly writes the reason for MU being high. But yes, i do think MU is on the higher side.

I remember conducting a property deal with a Sindhi seller once. He had just brazenly increased the prize of his property after quoting me something the previous day. I said to him “How can you do this?” He said “Mera maal hai – mein kitne mein bhi bechu” (Its my product.. I can sell it at whatever cost I want).. lol..

So though I defend OP’s right to sell at w/e price .. but like other prospective buyers I have to say its a really really disappointing price. I know OP has really good stats (have seen them before his opting out)

Also since this is a community of fellow players (as far as I know there are no random businessmen/buyers here); imo, it would be great if OP can put out packages which are of decent value or not put them up at all (as it is OP doesn’t need to sell to play)

Pretty sure this is no scam esp when he explicitly writes the reason for MU being high. But yes, i do think MU is on the higher side.

+1, I dont see how this is a scam. I think its the little bollywood inside of us that always wants to see drama.

I

Makes sense, although why would you markup the hotel room ?? IMO (3420*1.15) + 700 makes more sense, either ways doesnt make a huge diff.

I am suspecting his plan is to go to Macau without a br, take the marked up $1368 to play cash, run it up to 3k or so hoping to get lucky in a tournament (non-package), then play the package ones for free without any investment, pay off hotel and sundries and come back home a lot lighter and hopefully richer with a big smirk on his face for having pulled off the biggest scam he can think of.

+1 for creativity. Start writing poker fiction imo.

+1 for creativity. Start writing poker fiction imo.

Should really consider it. @pb: open ur own job consultancy FTW 😛

sunny sen

i apologize, clling the package a scam was out of line,

But selling travel expenses to investors in a package should be a strict no-no. I stick with my earlier statement that any package sold that includes either explicitly or implicitly expenses other than a tourneys buyin should not be bought by investors

Simon Mint
      Participant

aniceboy pls dont hate on me… my intention was never to call you a scammer (even though I did). I know you have a lot of good scores online so you probably deserve whatever you think you are worth but if I was investing I wouldn’t. The reason is because if I wanted to see any kind of profit after the 40% markup, you will need at least 50-60% roi from the package and I think that is not at all sustainable in the long run. Moreover I think a fair way of charging markup would be only on the tourney buyins and not on the incidentals as pb already mentioned. Personally I wouldn’t invest in a package that included travel expenses unless the tourney buyins were huge and the travel expenses were very small in comparison. It is a free market and people who do not have a problem investing in the package should definitely go for it. No bad vibes from me. Good luck and all the best for your trip.

The issue lies in the ratio of the size of the package vs. expenses. Assuming the Package would be for the entire MPC (including HR and re-entries) 9500$ I wouldn’t dare to even think of a higher MU, cos the expenses remain the same and can be covered thru a much lower one.

Well, I’ve got to respect the consensus of the community, but for me MU should universally contain some part of the expenses excluding the premium. Anyways this package stands cancelled.

^^^ Definitely no hard feelings against anyone. For those who are going down as well, you’ll know where to find me over the next few days…

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]