Spot with AA pretty deep

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      sunny sen

villain is scandi (norway), i hvnt seen him before, he sat with over a 800 stack.
      history : Earlier he peeled my 4bet SB vs BB and c-r smallish JJx 2tone board and I folded.

Seems to be very active and playing lots of hands, could be a reg under a different screen-name on a different ipoker skin, not 100% sure though. Doesnt like to give up in most spots and seems to be a good hand reader post flop, though more than slightly loose pre, also likely to be very tricky (saw him c-r river twice, saw one SD where he had a missed backdoor flushdraw). He is playing 2 tables of 2/4. we are about 180bb deep

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $4(BB) Replayer
      BTN ($718.39)
      SB ($1021.35)
      BB ($800)
      Hero ($693.70)
      MP: ($321.61)
      CO: ($368.55)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Ah Ad
      Hero raises to $14, 3 folds, SB calls $12, BB folds

Flop: ($32) 5c Ks 4c (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $21, SB raises to $52, Hero calls $31

Turn: ($136) 4s (2 players)
      SB bets $68

On paired turn with his tricky bet sizing do we like a raise or do we just flat? why?
      Which rivers are we going to call a big bet on and which rivers are we folding?
      Thoughts on flop flat?

i’ve about $630 behind

edit : game is 2/4 euro so tends to play like the 3/6$ games

I like raising here. That was a great turn card as it takes away a lot of combinations of hands that outflopped you (44, 45), making it A LOT more likely he has a draw or air. I would also expect his sizing to be bigger on the turn with his made hands. If you make a raise to like $144 or something in that neighborhood, you give him the opportunity to shove his draws here. Also, depending on your image, if you make a small raise like that and he has air, he may click it back on you. If that happens, I would just call the 3b by him because that’s not something he would do with draws, so he either has it all or nothing and there really aren’t many river cards that change anything. So, in that case I’d just call the turn 3b, and call a shove on any river. I can’t really see a good reason for flatting the turn when the board is so draw heavy, and you’re not really going to have any clue where you’re at if any of them hit. You’d prob just have to pay off a bet on any river if you just called.

sunny sen

I like raising here. That was a great turn card as it takes away a lot of combinations of hands that outflopped you (44, 45), making it A LOT more likely he has a draw or air. I would also expect his sizing to be bigger on the turn with his made hands. If you make a raise to like $144 or something in that neighborhood, you give him the opportunity to shove his draws here. Also, depending on your image, if you make a small raise like that and he has air, he may click it back on you. If that happens, I would just call the 3b by him because that’s not something he would do with draws, so he either has it all or nothing and there really aren’t many river cards that change anything. So, in that case I’d just call the turn 3b, and call a shove on any river. I can’t really see a good reason for flatting the turn when the board is so draw heavy, and you’re not really going to have any clue where you’re at if any of them hit. You’d prob just have to pay off a bet on any river if you just called.

wouldnt a raise make his range play pretty much perfect vs us ?? also he probably 3/4ths pot on turn with weak draws which dnt hv SD value, his bet sizing is actually extremely good, id be much more comfortable rasing or playing vs a 3/4th turn bet rather than this halfish pot .. also 45 is probably nt is his SB cold calling range, way too ambitious even for a scandi

If he shoves his draws over your turn raise, how is this playing perfect vs us lol? You think a tricky/aggressive scandi has a range of just 44/55 here LOL??? From the sound of your post, you didn’t understand anything I said. If the only hands in your range for calling a flop raise and raising the turn are value hands, then don’t even bother playing with this guy cuz he’s going to take all your money.

sunny sen

i did not put 45 in his range at all due to reasons stated earlier.. if we are raising red AA here on the turn are we also raising red AK

ofc one advantage of raising the turn here would be that it would probabaly make him play much more straight forward vs us going forward or as i think u are saying that he wont give us credit fr the turn raise in this particular spot.

keep in mind though tht flatting turn keeps our ranges wide vs what looks to be a air/weak draw heavy range which should continue with the river … reason why i feel a bit weird about rasing turn here is that i dont see a weak draw would bet turn small to induce, a weak draw could be block betting here or could be Kqcc value betting which is again why im leaning towrds a flat , realistically the only hands we are losing to are 555 or 4444

i am also not sure by your statement ” If the only hands in your range for calling a flop raise and raising the turn are value hands, then don’t even bother playing with this guy cuz he’s going to take all your money” , are you saying that if we dont raise the turn here we are basically never able to raise turn with any non-SD draw that we peeled the flop with?

thoughts appreciated, i must say that his turn bet was very annoying for me

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]