Squeeze attempt from SB with Q5s ,Thoughts ??

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

This flop looked like the worst to throw in a cbet.

Poker Stars $5.00+$0.50 No Limit Hold’em Tournament – t200/t400 Blinds + t50 – 9 players –

MP1: t8487 M = 8.08
      MP2: t26144 M = 24.90
      CO: t6089 M = 5.80
      BTN: t30038 M = 28.61
      Hero (SB): t32341 M = 30.80
      BB: t28623 M = 27.26
      UTG: t10700 M = 10.19
      UTG+1: t14158 M = 13.48
      UTG+2: t12357 M = 11.77

Pre Flop: (t1050) Hero is SB with 5 :diamond: Q :diamond:
      , MP2 raises to t800, , BTN calls t800, Hero raises to t2400, , MP2 calls t1600, BTN calls t1600

Flop: (t8050) K :heart: 2 :spade: J :heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, BTN checks

Turn: (t8050) 2 :club: (3 players)
      Hero bets t3400, MP2 folds, BTN calls t3400

River: (t14850) 5 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets t5494, BTN calls t5494

Pre is bad in a 5$ tournie where average player never folds a pair. What are you repping on the turn?
      Doubt villian is folding river after flatting turn on that board.

Denny

Larger bet required for a squeeze to make them fold preflop … been better flatting and taking it from there.

Plus there is no point in making this play without a back up plan and a c-bet really is mandatory. Better putting it in on the flop and representing strength .. gives you more info and you can re-evaluate the hand if re-raised or called.
      Plus you may just take it down here and then …

Really surprised given the preflop action that is checked around on the flop .. means either someone is trapping with a monster or everyone missed.

Given the rest of the play I ‘d assume the button had KQ suited or something similar .. or even an AJ ?
      Otherwise horrendous play on his part ….

Clawin, This deep, always go a lil big pre.ie with one flatter… Go like …2800ish… Bet flop and give up… Also, as played I wouldnt bet the river.

$$Troll is Clawin??

Anyways, squeeze is nice, but if you are squeezing you have to fire this flop. I am definitely going to say the squeeze is -EV if you aren’t willing to bet the flop.

+1 to samohh about the river, I don’t like betting the river either.

I agree that cbetting is mandatory after I squeeze , and I do it on most flops, specially A high boards, or any random board like 372 or something. Here the flop looked the worst ever for me to cbet it. This flop connects so well with their range + its so slippery+ I virtually have nothing to look forward to improving my hand. I was just going to check fold it.

Flop & Turn – Now when they both check behind, I am fairly certain that they dont have a K most of the time. So I lead turn hoping they believe me I was trying to slowplay a flopped trips/AA/AK type hand. Also designed to get them of weak draws like gutshot, Jx type hands, small PPs.

River – all possible draws missed, Fairly certain he does not have a Strong K there EVER. Doubt he has Weak Ks either, cause he is def the type of player who woulda bet it OTF. So a very small bluff disugised as a value bet, I thought should do the trick to get him off all hands weaker than a K pair.

Any flaws with the reasoning ?

Also what is this clawin you guys keep mentioning, some hipster terminology I am unaware of ?

Denny

I agree that cbetting is mandatory after I squeeze , and I do it on most flops, specially A high boards, or any random board like 372 or something. Here the flop looked the worst ever for me to cbet it. This flop connects so well with their range + its so slippery+ I virtually have nothing to look forward to improving my hand. I was just going to check fold it.

Flop & Turn – Now when they both check behind, I am fairly certain that they dont have a K most of the time. So I lead turn hoping they believe me I was trying to slowplay a flopped trips/AA/AK type hand. Also designed to get them of weak draws like gutshot, Jx type hands, small PPs.

River – all possible draws missed, Fairly certain he does not have a Strong K there EVER. Doubt he has Weak Ks either, cause he is def the type of player who woulda bet it OTF. So a very small bluff disugised as a value bet, I thought should do the trick to get him off all hands weaker than a K pair.

Any flaws with the reasoning ?

Also what is this clawin you guys keep mentioning, some hipster terminology I am unaware of ?

Do not see how you can represent a value bet after checking the flop on that board. If you hit it I would have expected a bet for protection or to make draws pay .. after that nothing changes. I would most likely happily call the river with A J or QJ and any K .. if it was me .. solely based on the fact you checked the flop after being the aggressor. If you had the goods why would you allow a free card on that board .. that’s the reason I’d make the call .. and if you trapped me then good luck to you.

Do you normally c-bet your good hands or do you normally check them … If you normally c-bet your good hands then checking here is a huge signal/read to anyone that is taking notes ..

How your played the previous streets in relation to your table image/previous plays is as important as the ‘disguised value bet’ on the river.

clawin is I guess a term for multiple level thinking .. he knows that we know that he knows kinda sh*t… lolss

Thanks Vinay. so Clawin is basically a Hip way of saying ‘ level’ ?
      Let me use it in a sentence, ” I clawined him so much preflop” or ” there is so much clawining going on in this thread” . Am i using it right ? Is it strictly a verb or can be used as an adjective as well ? Does the origin of the word have anything to do with clown ?
      sorry for the Derail.

nah.. just kidding.. but it is rumoured that you are Clawin.. 🙂 .. (your identity is a nice mystery puzzle though.. cause it is def someone most of us know in person)

Mystery shall be revealed on the Frabjous day.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]