TP facing river all-in vs BB

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      shashank.s

Poker Stars $2.00+$0.20 No Limit Hold’em Tournament – t250/t500 Blinds + t60 – 8 players – View hand 1768430
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Don’t have any particular reads on the villain.
      I have been pretty active in the last couple of orbits.

UTG+1: t6538 M = 5.32
      MP1: t22496 M = 18.29
      MP2: t8847 M = 7.19
      CO: t21577 M = 17.54
      Hero (BTN): t27480 M = 22.34
      SB: t11211 M = 9.11
      BB: t41510 M = 33.75
      UTG: t90079 M = 73.23

Pre Flop: (t1230) Hero is BTN with A J
      , Hero raises to t1220, , BB calls t720

Flop: (t3170) 8 K A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets t1500, BB raises to t4000, Hero calls t2500

Turn: (t11170) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets t7000, BB calls t7000

River: (t25170) A (2 players)
      BB bets t29230 all in, Hero ???

Thoughts on flop & turn action.
      Is 3-bet shoving the flop a good option ???

sunny sen

Arturo

BB doesn’t have 1010+,AQ+ if has this kind of hand he would have 3 bet hero pre-flop. Well on flop when he check raise on flop, either he would easily have A8 or 88 or he is bluffing, out of these 3 options bluff at this point would have very low chances so i would fold on flop only.

Simon Mint
      Participant

Ship it! Considering that only 2 hands beat you (AK, 88) I’d get it all in.

Sachin Sinha
      Participant

Easy call, most likely a split pot. I wouldn’t bet on the turn to avoid inflating the pot.

Exactly .. Why bet the turn.. Definitely call his raise on flop.. The plan now should be to try to get to a cheap showdown .. .Perfect for us that he checks the turn … (but u bet inflating the pot further).. His check call on the turn smells weak … Villain has shoved to put you in a spot since he mostly thinks this is a chop..

shashank.s

I know its an obvious call with Aces full on the river (My Bad !!!) . . . But by the river it definitely looks most likely to be a chop . . . wanted to know if I could have done something differently on the flop/turn to take the pot down . . . Maybe a flop/turn shove could have gotten him to throw away worse Ax’s . . . Thoughts ????

Can’t shove on flop.. Only getting called by better hands..

BB doesn’t have 1010+,AQ+ if has this kind of hand he would have 3 bet hero pre-flop. Well on flop when he check raise on flop, either he would easily have A8 or 88 or he is bluffing, out of these 3 options bluff at this point would have very low chances so i would fold on flop only.

Unbelievable Mukesh…you correctly identify the situation (he has an extremely narrow range or is bluffing) and then instead of realizing that he has to be bluffing a lot, you conclude that he has only sets and A8 here. There is no reason to assume he wont bluff here, and very little reason to put him on such a monstrously strong and unlikely range.

@ Shashank: Shoving flop is absolutely terrible. You fold out worse hands and donate money to better ones. You are being incredibly result-oriented here. Just because the hand played out this way doesn’t mean your plan should have been to try and fold out worse hands (why would that ever make sense?). Also, don’t bet turn, control pot size.

Arturo

what was the result ??

shashank.s

I called.
      Villain had the exact same hand AJo.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]