turn QQ into a bluff .. thoughts..

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Villain was 4/4/0 over 30 hands..

PokerStars No-Limit Hold’em, 3.3 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds 25 Ante (9 handed) – PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Hero (UTG+1) (t7953)
      MP1 (t12115)
      MP2 (t26830)
      MP3 (t11273)
      CO (t904)
      Button (t2250)
      BB (t14075)
      UTG (t2375)

Hero’s M: 15.91

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q, Q
      Hero bets t409, MP1 raises to t839, , Hero calls t430

Flop: (t2178) 9, 10, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks

Turn: (t2178) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets t872, Hero raises to t1744, MP1 calls t872

River: (t5666) J (2 players)
      Hero bets t5345 (All-In),

rohit3887
      Participant

I would rather check the river…only hand that is folding and ahead is KK ..villain is calling with Ax, TT ,JJ,99,KQ any other pair below that is folding …U have good showdown value nd converting the hand into bluff is not a best play IMO..

I think you spew a lot here. U can get kings to fold but there are many other hand combos that have u beat here and will call river.
      You need to win more than 33% of times for the shove to be profitable. Which means, he needs to be holding Kings more than 33% of time(given the way he played the hand till river). I think that’s being lil too optimistic!!

4better

so hes got to have kk/qq to pull this move off. missing value/gifting him chips otherwise.

Arjun Parmar

pre raise should have been a lil bit more around 500 – 525. as played i would fold the turn.

Arjun Parmar

i dont think the opponent will be holding KK there y would a call a 3bet on the turn with 2 A’s on the board?

don’t like this play.. I wudn’t call his 3 bet pre from oop with QQ, raise would have been better. On river I don’t think any of the better hands will fold you there :/

richestuser

this might work…..it would have been better to bet small on turn straight away after 2 nd ace…. and then shove on river…

Anonymous
      Inactive

With QQ, I prefer to reraise (say to 2500) – and be prepared to fold to a shove or a strong reraise.

If villain doesn’t fold or stays in the pot, check the flop. On the turn, a small bet (40-55% of pot), while being prepared to fold to a strong reraise as I’d like to live to fight rather than risk my tournament life.

Btw, what’re the sort of hand ranges he’d been calling or raising with? Could he be reraising preflop with AQ/ AJ, AT? Or with KQ suited or off? Or only with a smaller pocket pair, putting you on an AK/ AQ type hand? Is he loose/ tight/ fancy playmaker?

If he’s come in with a bigger pocket pair – JJ, KK or AA – all those hands beat the QQ as do KQ, 78, 99 and TT – so I’d check the river and flatcall his turn bet

With QQ, I prefer to reraise (say to 2500) – and be prepared to fold to a shove or a strong reraise.

If villain doesn’t fold or stays in the pot, check the flop. On the turn, a small bet (40-55% of pot), while being prepared to fold to a strong reraise as I’d like to live to fight rather than risk my tournament life.

Btw, what’re the sort of hand ranges he’d been calling or raising with? Could he be reraising preflop with AQ/ AJ, AT? Or with KQ suited or off? Or only with a smaller pocket pair, putting you on an AK/ AQ type hand? Is he loose/ tight/ fancy playmaker?

If he’s come in with a bigger pocket pair – JJ, KK or AA – all those hands beat the QQ as do KQ, 78, 99 and TT – so I’d check the river and flatcall his turn bet

that is a bad option, its turning our good hand into a bluff Sir, with all due respect, do join PGMP.. you have fantastic live results.. if leaks like these can be plugged .. you will go places…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Vinay – PGMP, of course! 🙂

The advantage in live tourneys is the chance to observe the table, betting patterns, hand ranges and body language – which is why I was curious about his prior hand ranges and whether he is LAG/ TAG/ Fancy etc…your read on him till that point. It then allows for a considered decision.

In live tourneys, I have sometimes folded JJ or QQ to a 5 bet preflop, and sometimes called the reraise or shoved on top. But all those decisions have been based on reads till that point.

Twice such hands went to all-in scenarios by 2 players – and I folded to find AK vs AA and KK vs TT. Twice I shoved on top, to be called only once by AK (flopped A) and once by QTd and I lost to a runner runner flush! Only once the QQ shove prevailed over AQ.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]