Viktor "Isildur1" Blom Parts Company With PokerStars

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

According to PokerNews.com after a short but exciting year and a half as a PokerStars Team Pro Viktor “Isildur1” Blom, the most talked about online phenom of his generation is no longer representing the online poker giant.

According to Eric Hollreiser, PokerStars’ head of corporate communications the two parties have “mutually” agreed not to renew Blom’s sponsorship agreement.

The reasons behind the parting of ways are unclear with both sides complimenting the other on their time together with Blom stating that, “I’ve enjoyed my time as a Team Pro and I wish everyone at PokerStars the best. Now I just want to concentrate on playing poker” with Hollreiser praising Blom, “It’s hard to recall a player who has kept the poker world riveted at such an early stage of his career”

Blom has certainly played in some epic matches at PokerStars, including his SuperStar Showdowns and especially his $1 million winner takes all match against the only man to beat him in the Showdowns, Isaac “philivey2694” Haxton – a match which Blom won earlier this year.

Rumours regarding Blom’s departure were rife towards the end of last year when he took a three month hiatus from playing online before storming back with some huge sessions towards the end of the year including this memorable +$1,500,000 weekend. 2012 has not been so kind to Blom online however as he is currently one of the biggest cash game losers at PokerStars with a $1.56 million deficit for 2012 after a $1.5m winning year in 2011. Blom has however enjoyed considerable success this year in tournaments winning over $1 million at the PCA High Roller Event, over $400k at the SCOOP and cashing in this years $50k Players Championship at the WSOP.

Whatever happens and wherever Viktor Blom ends up playing we’re sure that the online world will be watching his every move as intently as ever.

source: highstakesdb and pokernews.com

PokerStars Signs Comedian

On Tuesday, PokerStars announced that Viktor “Isildur1” Blom and the site mutually had agreed to part ways. The very next day the world’s largest poker site signed comedian Gerry Dee, the star in the weekly sitcom Mr.D on CBC. Dee will represent PokerStars’ free-play site PokerStars.net and will be starring in an upcoming PokerStars commercial that will air throughout the fall to promote a series of free online poker tournaments where Canadians can win a trip to Bahamas and play in the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure.

“I’m better at math and statistics than the teacher you see on TV, so I’m not a bad poker player. I’m no pro but I’ve always been a bit of a poker buff. I really admire the skill it takes to compete at the top level. I’m excited about this partnership and am looking forward to improving my game!” said Dee.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]