was in a 10 player sitngo

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

only 2 players playing pot i was shortstacked the guy in front has me covered 2:1 i have A10 off suite flop comes A79 rainbow i make a 2.5 bb bet he raises over the top and i shove he turns up A7 and im obviously busted any advice.

Rajat Agarwal
      Keymaster

Here i`m pretty sure you had put his on an Ace and the shove was primarily since you thought the 10 was good enough.

Well you were short stacked and I guess I would also be shoving there atleast 80% of the time unless it I was up against a known tight player.

saby

Hi,
      A lil more info on the hand would have helped.
      1. How many people were remaning.
      2. How short were you.
      3. What was the action pre flop.

Assuming you were shorter than 20 Big blinds you should have shoved pre fop if the action was on you.

Here is the reason why lets say there are 4 players remaining in the SNG and 3 places are paid. You and another player have both 3000 in chips
      Blinds are at 100/200.
      If you raise 3 times the blind to 600 now the player acting next sees a pot thats 1000~(200BB +100SB +600 and antes).
      If he reraises all in lets say a stack of 3000. What you see is a pot of 4000 and it costs you 2400 to call this is almost 2 to 1 odds

You need to win this 35% of the time to show profit

Now 35% is a wide range for you to call but realistically what hands will reraise you all in which you can beat with lets say K8o.

Hence when the odds you receive after raising means that you will be forced to call a re raise, shove preflop and let him make the decision.

In this hand 97s is in the 35% range and good players will either call you pre flop with this hand given the situation i mentioned above and beat you with 2 pairs.

Shove pre flop with these stack sizes and let the guy fold 97s collect the blinds ante.

If you could dig up the hand and post i will be able to help you with the exact play for hand.

As i have mentioned above only 2 players were remaining in the pot but there were probably 9 or all 10 seats still occupied after seeing top pair with a decent kicker and a highly unlikely straight draw i was very tempted to shove. Preflop i was out of position 3 positions left of the dealer blinds were 50-100 i had 600 chips in a 1500 starting chip game

saby

In this case you should have folded pre flop with or shoved all in. When you are under 15BB there is no room for entering the pot and folding.
      Till you reach the bubble in a SNG dont play hands like A10o out of position. In fact it is correct to fold AJo from early and mid position if the game is loose.

Thank you saby!! advice appreciated

Denny

In this case you should have folded pre flop with or shoved all in. When you are under 15BB there is no room for entering the pot and folding.
      Till you reach the bubble in a SNG dont play hands like A10o out of position. In fact it is correct to fold AJo from early and mid position if the game is loose.

Good solid advice ….

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[the_ad_group id="101476"]