Wht would u do???

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Sourav Roy

strtng chip-1500
      blind-25/50
      Utg+1- goes all in with 900chips in pre flop…
      u were sitting before the dealr.no body calld his all in yet.u hav 2200chips and J9 off…

wht would u do???

APB1989

definitely fold…J 9 off aint a hand to call an all in bet…definitely when u r playin a voluntary hand at such low stakes…thats my take on it…

Anil George

Instant Fold!!!!

even if he minraises i would fold

Sourav Roy

thnks alok and Berktoppie for yr comments………any one else………..???

I’m not sure what your after here 🙂 but this is an insta fold and nothing else!

Sourav Roy

right guys.i was thinkd how did he call my all-in with his J9 off….i was playng a very few hand on that tournamnt few days ago.and i went all in with pocket 10’s..and he just insta calld with his J9 off….and one jack came in the flop..and he won…….so i was thinking how did he call that……thnks for yr comments guys………

Shoving with 10’s UTG+1 is complete negative equity …. WIth the blinds at 25/50 you have about 18 BB Left.. So there is a lot more play left…. And when you shove with 10’s UTG and not get called you just add 75 to your stack…

Lets look at the Scenarios:
      1. Small Pairs, AK would fold ( Ideally) coz they wouldnt wanna risk the entire stack.
      2. Another player holding 10’s not a probability.
      3. Even if you get called you are likely to be called by AA, KK, QQ ,JJ…( I would still fold Jacks in some cases)..

Now the Numbers: On an Average you get dealt Aces ,Kings, Queens or Jacks every 220 Hands.( Harrington on Holdem)… so on average a player would get dealt these monsters every 220/4 Hands… which is 55 hands.. with 8 players after you , you have the possibility of facing AA, KK, QQ or JJ about 14% of the times… the other 86% you win it without a showdown…

1. When you just pick up blinds – 84% times 75 = 64.5 In Chips
      2. 3% of the time you are dominated but you win through a suck out – 3% times 975 = 29.5 In Chips
      3. 11% of the time you are dominated you lose – 11%times -900 = -99 in Chips.

The average result is the Sum of these 3 which is 64.5+29.5-99 = -5.

Hence its bad play.

APB1989

nice explanation samohhh

Why not include hands like small pp and AJ+ hands in your math? There’s a lot of players that would snap call with AQs and AK type of hands and probably small pp even tho its bad play.

Otherwise, great post!

Shoving with 10’s UTG+1 is complete negative equity …. WIth the blinds at 25/50 you have about 18 BB Left.. So there is a lot more play left…. And when you shove with 10’s UTG and not get called you just add 75 to your stack…

Lets look at the Scenarios:
      1. Small Pairs, AK would fold ( Ideally) coz they wouldnt wanna risk the entire stack.
      2. Another player holding 10’s not a probability.
      3. Even if you get called you are likely to be called by AA, KK, QQ ,JJ…( I would still fold Jacks in some cases)..

Now the Numbers: On an Average you get dealt Aces ,Kings, Queens or Jacks every 220 Hands.( Harrington on Holdem)… so on average a player would get dealt these monsters every 220/4 Hands… which is 55 hands.. with 8 players after you , you have the possibility of facing AA, KK, QQ or JJ about 14% of the times… the other 86% you win it without a showdown…

1. When you just pick up blinds – 84% times 75 = 64.5 In Chips
      2. 3% of the time you are dominated but you win through a suck out – 3% times 975 = 29.5 In Chips
      3. 11% of the time you are dominated you lose – 11%times -900 = -99 in Chips.

The average result is the Sum of these 3 which is 64.5+29.5-99 = -5.

Hence its bad play.

@al1as…. I just wanted to look at it from a broader perspective of possible hands which could call his bet… Considering the blinds I really dint put anyone on a Monster stack to snap call with Small pockets or Big to Medium Ace … However his play would have been perfect at a much later stage in the tournament…
      A Big Ace wouldnt really affect the equation as the result cancels out ( Flip , except for an AT)
      Small Pocket pairs would bring his effective EV up by a small margin. However its too big a risk to take for your tournament life this early in the tournament with a potential threat of running into a Monster , much higher than 10’s being in a dominating position…

I have seen people 3 Betting and 4 Betting with KJo, AJo, ATo etc when I play online. And trust me , I live on these guys….

richestuser

fold….unless i really want to pound person sitting at utg+1

but that would be a really bad call…cant risk 40% of my stack with J9 off

Denny

The call is bad (I would insta-fold) .. but risking your entire stack from UTG +1 (900 chips to win 75) is terrible play …. it is simply gambling/racing 10-10 and hoping you are ahead preflop and it holds up .. you have no information as to what anyone is holding.

Any preflop hand including AA is only the best preflop … every hand can be beat by time the river hits … you are better off making standard bets/raises and making important decisions after the flop; though sometimes you are forced allin by the actions after or before you and the hand just plays out itself … but not here and

right guys.i was thinkd how did he call my all-in with his J9 off….i was playng a very few hand on that tournamnt few days ago.and i went all in with pocket 10’s..and he just insta calld with his J9 off….and one jack came in the flop..and he won…….so i was thinking how did he call that……thnks for yr comments guys………

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]

PokerGuru - The ONE Stop for Indian Poker Players

Follow us on social media
[easy-followers title="Social Followers" total_type="text_before" columns="row" template="metro"]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]