How is everyone doing? Been a warm start to the new year here in Delhi, guess global warming is for real :P.
This is your poker buddy Sahil Chutani, or more commonly referred to as slimshady (some call me tanker, guess I’m more of a online player) :D. I have had a fairly descent 2015 to what was my first full year as a professional poker player, so decided to blog a little about how 2015 went and my plans for the upcoming year.
I started the year 2015 with a 1k bankroll and dreams in my eyes of making a mark in both virtual and live felts. Broadly I had the following poker and personal Goals:
* Volume, Volume and more volume
*Move up in MTT sng’s
*total Profit: 20 K USD (Min.)
* One live tourney in India or preferablly in Macau..
* To top Sharkscope Leaderboards at the stakes i Play (i hate to see a bad reg like zaq 13 on top of SS leaderboards..:P)
* learning and making a switch towards Stock markets (+EV)
* To quit smoking full time (hv’nt smoked for quite some time)
*having a toned body so that i can share a pic with U…
*Regular MBA from july onwards
*paying for my MBA on my own (need abt 8K USD for first year, have saved about 2k atm)
* Not to overspend (I’m very bad as this aspect, i spend everything that’s in my pocket..
* 2 vacations (One in India and one abroad, preferably somewhere in Europe but Bangkok will do fine as well)
* donate 10 % of my Income from poker to charity(I would like to help the elderly and young kids as they represent the most vulnerbable section of the society)
Let’s try 2 recap some of the things we planned on achieving at the start of the year and see how we went:
1.Profit:We went past the 20k USD mark which is sweet.
tbh is difficult to keep tabs hw much money you make in poker. So much money changes hands, at the end of the day its difficult to know hwmuch money u made .
2. Move up in MTT sng’s: well we r presently playing low to mid stakes MTTs online and are staked by BBZ staking. I love the guys here and wud like to thank Jay (holdit) again for taking me in after i had rejected their offer previously( hwstupid i was).
3. One live tourney in India or preferablly in Macau..:
Well we played like 4 live series in Goa and it was fun. Also its nice to catch up with fellow Indian pros jdsaz,saby,keenyle, and my close buds anup,alok.
4. To top Sharkscope Leaderboards at the stakes i Play (i hate to see a bad reg like zaq 13 on top of SS leaderboards..:P):
Well we pretty much there on the leaderboards, so thats nice
5. Learning German:
Well we did two levels and passed them miserably. well needless to say I did not like the course during the end. I liked it because I got to meet new people and some chicks, but thats abt it. spend like 1k$ on the course, oh well .
6. To quit smoking full time (hv’nt smoked for quite some time):
Well i hv become a regular smoker again and its here to stay for some time. I can quit it I know but it helps beat the loneliness and some frustations, atm I need it unfortunately.
7. 2 vacations (One in India and one abroad, preferably somewhere in Europe but Bangkok will do fine as well)
I went to Goa 4 times during the previous year, also had a fun trip with my college friends up in the hills which was so much fun. Hopefuully we get to travel to macau and manila in the upcoming new year.
8. Regular MBA from july onwards:
not doing it period. atleast not from India.
9. donate 10 % of my Income from poker to charity (I would like to help the elderly and young kids as they represent the most vulnerbable section of the society):
This on’s close to my heart. I really believe in helping out people. Also i like doing it silently, i don;t like to click photographs and post on fb and all. I will tell u a short story abt last year: We were going through our worst downswing during mid November and also our health was really bad. I spent the morning of my 25th birthday in front of a Psychiatrist begging for help.
Just before leaving for Goa I went over to this blind school here across in Delhi (shankar road) and donated some stuff to blind kids. They were so thankful and it felt good. and bam we won over 5 Lakhs Inr in the main event in Goa. call it karma or what u may, u gotta believe in something, period.
To conclude the cherry on the cake was the FT of the IPC Main event in December. I had a blast along with my rail (anup,sharad,alok,pranav,vaibhav,jdsaz,saby nd everyone i forgot :P. I must say playing live is way more satisfying then grinding online. This is where i would like to thank the Team at Spartan Poker for providing excellent online satellites to buy into the main event. I won my seat to the 50k event in a 2k R satty (6k aprrox in total) and turned it into a profit of 5.1 lacs:cool:. Its a nice initiative by the guys at Spartan for us online grinders to play live without busting our rolls.
I am a very emotional and expressive guy and I feel the blog will help me vent out my views and opinions. I plan on being a regular on PG and update my 2016 blog.
That’s it from slimshady for now, let the games begin!!!.