100/200 Live cash game hand

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      richestuser

Hi,

came across an interesting hand during a Local Live cash game worth sharing…

Player 1 ( +20k played 4 hands only so no reads/No showdown so far)( early position) 40K stack
      Player 4 ( -100K for night businessman 30-35years age very loose player) (Cut off)50K stack
      Hero(+40K tight aggressive image )( button) 65K stack
      Small Blind ( -20K fish/scared type player ) 20K stack

Player 1 raises to 700 , Player 4 calls 700
      Hero (J 10 of hearts) re-raise to 2300
      small blind calls ,player 1 calls,
      player 4 4-bets to 5000
      Hero calls,small blind folds, player 1 calls
      (18K in pot 3 players)
      flop( A J J rainbow)
      player 1 checks, Player 4 raises 15K, hero calls, player 1 calls
      turn ( 5 of diamond)
      Player 1 checks , Player 4 checks..
      Hero ????? (check or raise) Views/ thought process (45K behind)
      Thanks,

Richestuser

raise 10k…this bet will look weak and player 4 being an aggro may try and luff here…

imo,
      dont 3b pre, flat it.
      as played you have to go b~20K/c turn .. if flatted shove river.. easy game.. :).. (blame the pre mistake if you are behind/beat)

Arjun Parmar

if i am not wrong there is 30k+ in the pot. i would bet 50% – 60% you are getting well paid if one of them has a good A there. checking is also an option but imo you would loose a lil value there and wont win much on the river. lemme know what you think cheers

richestuser

imo,
      dont 3b pre, flat it.
      as played you have to go b~20K/c turn .. if flatted shove river.. easy game.. :).. (blame the pre mistake if you are behind/beat)

Thanks for ur input buddy…dont u think 3 bet pre is very much necessary?..flating 700 may bring BB also in picture …. hence playing J-10h multiway(5 players) will be too bad…. isnt it important to isolate ur opponents ?

if i am not wrong there is 30k+ in the pot. i would bet 50% – 60% you are getting well paid if one of them has a good A there. checking is also an option but imo you would loose a lil value there and wont win much on the river. lemme know what you think cheers

60K+ in pot on turn

shashank.s

There is def more that 45k (turn is 15k*3) in the pot…… roughly around 60k in the pot. I would bet around 20-30k on the turn n call if shoved or shove the river………Although I think u will still get value on the river if one of them has an A, don’t see them folding it here…. DO POST THE RESULT

Arjun Parmar

oh ya sorry… didnt see that… ya would bet around 25k 30k on the turn… n shove river… u will get paid with a big A there.

sunny sen

Thanks for ur input buddy…dont u think 3 bet pre is very much necessary?..flating 700 may bring BB also in picture …. hence playing J-10h multiway(5 players) will be too bad…. isnt it important to isolate ur opponents ?

JT plays very well multiway and tht to in position, preflop is pretty bad (live players dnt like to fold much pre) , rest of the hand plays itself

richestuser

Thanks everybody for input…
      Here is the result….

So i did raised 20K on turn…Player 1 called and was all-in with AQ… but player 4 went all -in for his last 30 K and i called 10K more…
      player 1 showed AQ and player 2 showed KJ…..
      But i did blinked 10 on river ….what can i say ..luck does matters at times in poker…

I wanted to know that checking on turn was a good move or not as i was behind on turn……but the way everybody analyzed hand looks like everyone will bet on turn including me…so no problems..

regarding preflop play…flating looks a bad move to me…because of many reason…firstly will i get value ? flating will make only 3500 in pot pre flop …… secondary no of players involved…thirdly loosing control on hand…..anyways thanks again everybody…
      gudluck cheers

sunny sen

Thanks everybody for input…
      Here is the result….

So i did raised 20K on turn…Player 1 called and was all-in with AQ… but player 4 went all -in for his last 30 K and i called 10K more…
      player 1 showed AQ and player 2 showed KJ…..
      But i did blinked 10 on river ….what can i say ..luck does matters at times in poker…

I wanted to know that checking on turn was a good move or not as i was behind on turn……but the way everybody analyzed hand looks like everyone will bet on turn including me…so no problems..

regarding preflop play…flating looks a bad move to me…because of many reason…firstly will i get value ? flating will make only 3500 in pot pre flop …… secondary no of players involved…thirdly loosing control on hand…..anyways thanks again everybody…
      gudluck cheers

freudian slip?

Aditya Sushant
      Participant

freudian slip?

hahaha yea as much as I love J10s, I can see some ppl rly overplay it. What do you mean “firstly will you get value” op? You’re deep and in position. J10s is the perfect hand to be flatting pre and hoping to flop good. It’s only a suited connector at the end of the day, not pocket aces and you do know what they say about suited connectors rite? 3b’ing this pre in a live game is definitely bad unless u know wat u’re doing. Watching durrrr 3b it a few times on high stakes cash games does not mean its the rite play 😀

richestuser

yaa it may look like freudian slip….
      actually i was referring to amount of action pre ..with flatting pre I am getting only 3500 … while by raising small like 2300 i am getting 11000 pre…
      post flop action is totally determined amount of money in pot at flop…with 3500 in pot pre i am standing nowhere with 4 players checked around i may bet 3K in pot of 3500….which is way less if i flop good (was refering it as loosing value)….
      may be i am getting result oriented… if i dont flop good…i will fold and loose only 700…

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Online Poker Rooms

[shift_toggle_title]
[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1]