A glorious year for Indian Poker has come to an end and as we step into the New Year, here is a recap of some players who left their mark in 2011.
Our list of Top 5 Indian Poker Players of 2011
1. Sangeeth “Samohh” Mohan: Sangeeth is our pick as the top Indian Poker Player of 2011. He may be no 3 in points on the Indian Tournament Leaderboard but he has been dominating the Tournament scene ever since his Main Event win at the PGT in September.
His recent exploits include 2 title wins at APT Goa which included the ₹50K Main Event and ₹15K Greed Event (1st Player ever to win the entire prizepool at an APT Greed Event), APPT Main Event 10th Place finish at Macau followed by back to back wins at the inaugural IPPS Goa series! With over ₹4.5 Million in tournament cashes, Samohh surely means business on the felt. View Sangeeth Mohan’s Results.
2. Amit Jain: Amit Jain has ruled the tournament leaderboard with his consistency and with 13 money finishes, this Actor cum Poker Player takes the top spot on the 2011 tournament leader board and is no 2 on our list of top Indian Poker Players of 2011.
We look forward to seeing this promising player play more international events. View Amit Jain’s Results.
3. Abhishek Goindi: This ex-banker has been a player to reckon with in 2011 and has an impressive resume, boasting of 14 final table finishes in 2011 and cashing over ₹1.5 Million from his tournament appearances.
View Abhishek Goindi’s Results.
4. Sameer Rattonsey: Sameer Rattonsey didn’t play many tournaments but he surely made his presence felt whenever he did.
He narrowly missed the title at the APT Goa ₹50K Main Event finishing runners-up to Team PokerGuru Pro Sangeeth “Samohh” Mohan but outlasted a field of 83 runners at the IPC December Edition Main Event to take home the title of the India Poker Champion 2011-12 and is number 4 on our list!
5. Ashutosh Naik: Ashutosh Naik has had a breakout year in 2011. He entered the Indian Poker Scene in September and has been in the spotlight ever since. Ashutosh final tabled all 3 events at the PGT September Edition and followed that up with back to back wins at IPS Chapter 8 joining an elite club of only 5 players with such an achievement.
Short on points on the Indian Tournament Leaderboard but brimming with potential, Ashutosh rounds off our list of the top 5 Poker Stars of 2011! View Ashutosh Naik’s Results.
Near Misses: Jasven Saigal, Rahul Melwani, Husain Lakdawala, Aditya Agarwal and Anosh Patel.