4 Minutes Read
The window of opportunity to win a seat in PokerStars India`s “Star of the Month” (SOTM) – February Finale has closed with the last batch of 25 qualifiers cementing their berth on Sunday. The four-week-long race has found its 100 qualifiers for the February Finale on February 24. The Finale winner will be named PokerStars India`s “Star of the Month” – February and collect MTT tickets worth ₹1.15 Lakhs. The runner-up will receive ₹35,000 in MTT tickets.
Leading the Week #4 standings, we have Sanat Mehrotra, a bonafide online crusher. Mehrotra has two INSCOOP titles under his belt and recorded his best finish on the site in May last year, where he shipped the ₹20 Lakhs GTD Sunday Special- INSCOOP Edition for ₹3.71 Lakhs. Mehrotra cashed three SOTM qualifying tourneys last week to work up a leaderboard-topping 419 TLB points.
Amar B Iyer (385 points), Ashwin Vijay (342 points), Rakesh Sharma (297 points), and Varun Devayya (285 points) closed out the top five places on the February Week #4 leaderboard standings.
Even though a battalion of top regs had already won their way into the Finale in the previous weeks, several more MTT crushers will be joining them for the Finale on Wednesday. The A-listers on the Week #4 qualifiers list include PokerGuru Ambassador Arjanveer Singh Chadha (221 points), Ashit Sharma (200 points), Nitin Gupta (161 points), Prashanth Sekar (154 points), Faiz Alam (146 points), Young Gun Anmol Mehta (129 points), Akshay Nasa (127 points), Pratibh Saluja (118 points), Young Gun Anujkumar Kodam (116 points), PokerGuru Ambassador Parikshit Dhall (107), and Sumit Sapra (100 points).
With the February Finale, the “Star of the Month” leaderboard race will close out its fifth month running. For the uninitiated, the SOTM leaderboard race awards players TLB points basis their ITM finishes in two daily qualifying events on PokerStars India. These are the 7.30 PM and the 10.30 PM tourneys running from Monday to Saturday and the 5 PM and 10.30 PM tourneys on Sundays. Each week, the top 25-ranked players on the leaderboard qualify for the month-ending Finale. And like we said, we’re days away from another “Star of the Month” being minted!
Do note: Players need to have a registered account on PokerGuru and are required to be opted-in on Sharkscope to be eligible for the promotion. For more details and the latest leaderboard standings, visit the promotions page.
PokerStars India Star of the Month Leaderboard Standings (February 15 – 21)
|2||Amar B Iyer||385|
|24||Ajit Singh Arora||100|
Let`s take a look at the top 5 qualifiers on the February Week #4 standings.
1. Sanat Mehrotra
Leaderboard Points – 419
Sanat ‘durrsanta’ Mehrotra needs no introduction. Mehrotra, a prominent MTT reg, collected 419 TLB points this week to take up the top spot in the Week #4 standings.
Mehrotra earned most of his points from his fourth-place finish in the Thursday Highroller and cashed two other tourneys to all but assure his seat in the February Finale.
– 4th in the Highroller ₹10 Lakhs GTD for ₹90,188 on February 18
– 15th in the Uppercut MAGIC Edition ₹10 Lakhs GTD for ₹15,766 on February 19
– 11th in the Sunday Special Limited Edition ₹15 Lakhs GTD for ₹24,956 on February 21
2. Amar B Iyer
Leaderboard Points – 385
Amar B. ‘PsykoEko’ Iyer came close to winning the Uppercut MAGIC Edition and Sunday Supersonic but had to concede to FT finishes.
– 2nd in the Uppercut MAGIC Edition ₹10 Lakhs GTD for ₹1.16 Lakhs on February 19
– 63rd in the Eliminator ₹5 Lakhs GTD for ₹796 on February 20
– 4th in the Sunday Supersonic ₹1 Lakhs GTD for ₹9,443 on February 21
3. Ashwin Vijay
Leaderboard Points – 342
Ashwin ‘Ashwinvijay’ Vijay cashed in three qualifying tourneys this week.
– 3rd in the Battle Royale ₹5 Lakhs GTD for ₹49,921 on February 15
– 17th in the Highroller ₹10 Lakhs GTD for ₹15,307 on February 18
– 28th in the Uppercut MAGIC Edition ₹10 Lakhs GTD for ₹12,279 on February 19
4. Rakesh Sharma
Leaderboard Points – 297
Rakesh ‘NoviceAnari’ Sharma is another prominent name on the Week #4 list. He has been missing from the action recently but seems to be back on the grind. He cashed in four qualifying tourneys last week.
– 5th in the Battle Royale ₹5 Lakhs GTD for ₹27,742 on February 15
– 6th in the Night on Stars ₹5 Lakhs GTD for ₹20,862 on February 17
– 82nd in the Uppercut MAGIC Edition ₹10 Lakhs GTD for ₹1,000 on February 19
– 55th in the Eliminator ₹5 Lakhs GTD for ₹1,194 on February 20
5. Varun Devayya
Leaderboard Points – 285
Varun ‘wardev’ Devayya won the Bigstack Turbo on February 16 and made it in the money in two other tourneys to make the cut.
– 8th in the Battle Royale ₹5 Lakhs GTD for ₹16,674 on February 15
– 1st in the Bigstack Turbo ₹1 Lakh GTD for ₹30,488 on February 16
– 43rd in the Night on Stars ₹5 Lakhs GTD for ₹3,775 on February 17
Do Note –
> You need to have a registered account on PokerGuru to enter this leaderboard challenge
> Your profile must be updated with your PokerStars India screenname
> Your PokerStars India screenname must be opted-in on SharkScope (https://www.sharkscope.com/#
> All TLB points in decimals will be rounded off to the nearest integer
> Prizes will be credited within 72 hours of the completion of the Finale.
> Merchandise will be delivered within 14 working days of the completion of the Finale.
> The tickets will be non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
Keep following PokerGuru for more updates from the PokerStars India’ Star of the Month’ Leaderboard race!